free website stats program Passenger heat on calf | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger heat on calf

Harleydad58

my wife has a problem her right calf gets very hot. I have put heat wrap
on and reinstalled heat shield its ok for about 20 mins then the heat gets intense is there a cure for that

my wife has a problem her right calf gets very hot. I have put heat wrap on and reinstalled heat shield its ok for about 20 mins then the heat gets intense is there a cure for that

I solved that problem by converting the exhaust on my '02 FLHT to the '09 and later under carriage exhaust. You would need the '09 and later oil pan and a complete new exhaust system. Cheaper than buying a later model.:s

For about $200 you can get the "Fullsac" dual exhaust kit. It puts all the front cyl. gas through the right, and all the rear cyl. gas through the left. Right now about 75% of your exhaust is going through the right side. Easy to install with basic hand tools.

thanks will look into also hope this conversion don't make the left side a problem like the right is bike has stock pipes

thanks will look into also hope this conversion don't make the left side a problem like the right is bike has stock pipes

The Left pipe will be hotter than it is now, but the heat will be more even. Her left ankle may get warm at stoplights. Like Dan mentioned above, a good tune
(adding fuel,via a fuel pak. of some sort) will cool it down some.

More expensive and more work but S&S does offer a later model conversion set of head pipes that will work with the early oil pan and compatible with your existing mufflers. Solves both right and left side heat issue for passenger and also removes the heat right under your butt. Just another option for consideration. Converting to the later cross under system made a huge difference for me and passenger.:s

Power Tune Duals

Back