free website stats program Passenger Foot Board Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Foot Board Problems

glenalt

My wife has short legs and has this problem. When she puts her foot on the passenger foot pet the bag guard cuts her across the calf. I have raised them to the highest adjustment and it's still not enough. I suggested she slide her foot forward but that does not work due to short legs.

Anyone have any solutions?

We are riding an Ultra Limited.

Thanks.

My wife has short legs and has this problem. When she puts her foot on the passenger foot pet the bag guard cuts her across the calf. I have raised them to the highest adjustment and it's still not enough. I suggested she slide her foot forward but that does not work due to short legs.

Anyone have any solutions?

We are riding an Ultra Limited.

Thanks.

Harley has a new saddlebag guard which has a comfort profile. Part #49179-09. See if they will give her more room

I installed the "reduced reach passenger footboard mounting kit", HD part #50789-99B. It raises the footboard about 2" above what you can already adjust them. It changes the leg angle to a much more comfortable position for passengers with shorter legs, my wife loves them. Easy install overall, but I found, to make it sturdy I needed to buy a couple of extra bolts, like the curent mounting bolts. The standard mounting kit has index pegs and the reduced reach ones do not. Lowe's carries the same cap head bolt that is used on the mount for a couple of bucks, and you are sturdy and raised.

Like I mentioned, my wife loves the placement of the new boards, and they are reasonable priced too, around $100 at Zanotti's or another discounted dealer that you might like.

Another benefit that I liked, everything still looks stock.

also see where the tour pack is mounted, it has the option of moving forward or backward some, this may help, in combination with the other suggestions.

Do you have these installed with the stock passenger floorboards? If so can you post a picture? Thanks

Do you have these installed with the stock passenger floorboards? If so can you post a picture? Thanks

I put them on today and took some pics but I, for the life of me, can't post em. It must be old age. I even did the search, Glider, and read the post but I really did not take too much time. I created an account where it recommended but I did not know how to move them to or from there. I'll try later.

Back