free website stats program Passenger Floorboards | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Floorboards

PetieJ

I am looking at a set of floorboards for my 03 Heritage which has V&H longshot pipes. The clearance between the upper pipe and the current passenger peg is around 5/8 inch. My question is will the chrome Harley factory boards clear the pipes? Part# 50602-00

Thanks

Why not try the Küryakyn Mini-Wings to start...they mount exactly where the passenger pegs mount, using HD male mounts with existing pin, spring washer and circle clip setup and less than $100 at your local HD dealer.

Küryakyn - Metric - ISO®-Wing Mini Boards

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is a bit off topic, but my wife was having problems with her feet sliding forward on the boards, causing her to constantly have to shift her body around to straighten up. We found a simple fix:

3M makes a product that is essentially a sheet of black emery cloth with a peel-off backing. I bought a package at the local hardware store, trimmed the sheet to the shape of the foot board, and stuck it on. It's lasted almost a year now, and totally does the trick. Her feet don't slide a bit, and you don't even notice that the stuff is on the board. I think it was five or six bucks for enough for both footboards. I cannot for the life of me remember what they called it, though.

That antiskid stuff works on stairways and even skateboarders use it (when cut to shape of course). The small strips can be had at Home Depot or Lowes...works good for sticking to "flat" clean surfaces.

I am surprised that it sticks so well to the rubber pads on the floor boards. We bought it on a ride and only expected it to last until we got home, and 10 months later, it still looks good.

Don't let HD see this post; they'll probably start selling pre-cut pieces of it for $25-30 a pop!:p

I just got done installing the exact boards on my 03 Softail Standard. I made some modifications to move them in closer to the bike 1/2" on each side. I'm running Hooker Longshots. The way they design the bracket's it should work. Check out my post in the Softail section. Send me a email, and I will send you a close-up of how they clear the pipes. It wont let me put any pictures on this site yet. It wont even put my Email in yet, need 2 more posts. WOW! :no

Check the HD site to see if you need the saddlebag bracket kit.
Softail® Passenger Footboard and Mount Kit

Convenient bolt-on installation. Includes specially designed mounting stud/brackets for proper installation. Footboards fold up when not in use. Kit includes aluminum footboards, rubber pads, mounting hardware and installation instruction.

50602-00A

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '00-later Softail® models (except FLSTS, FLSTSB, FLSTSC, FLSTN, FLSTF, FLSTFB, FXCW, FXCWC and FXSTD). FLSTC models require Saddlebag Bracket Relocation Kit P/N 90238-00.

Board configuration w/ Hooker Longshots on 03 FXST.
IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back