free website stats program Passenger Floorboards w/Hexagon mount brackets... | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Floorboards w/Hexagon mount brackets...

I'm looking to replace a lost set of passenger floorboards and brackets for my 1989 FLHTC. The swingarm mounting plates are still in place , havining the 3/4"hexagon stud protruding 1 inch.
I need to know what other years and models used this type of floorboard mounting brackets, I know that Harley changed the design shortly after , in '91 I think , and I believe are starting to use the hex mount again, but not too sure.
I've seen some on e-bay for a softtail but not sure they will fit.......

Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated.

The '84 is my around town bike. The '89 is my road trip bike , it has a new '99 motor and is being prepped for a ride to the Black Hills in a few weeks.

Thanks for the link , I like the zoom feature.

Gottcha. I have a '98 FLSTC and also have the hex passenger floorboard studs. Mine are about 1 1/2" in length. I can measure if you'd like, but seems like we have the same pas. floorboard mounts. Hope it helps.

If you could measure the size of the hex mount (stud) on the bike , or the size of the opening (socket)on the floor board mounting bracket that mounts the bracket to the bike that would be a big help and valuable information.......I'm hoping it's a 3/4" stud on the bike and a 3/4" socket on the floorboard .
I see many brackets on e-bay for FLST's , but none for older baggers.
Then I would only have to worry about saddlebag clearance. Pipe clearance shouldn't be a problem.

If you could measure the size of the hex mount (stud) on the bike , or the size of the opening (socket)on the floor board mounting bracket that mounts the bracket to the bike that would be a big help and valuable information.......I'm hoping it's a 3/4" stud on the bike and a 3/4" socket on the floorboard .
I see many brackets on e-bay for FLST's , but none for older baggers.
Then I would only have to worry about saddlebag clearance. Pipe clearance shouldn't be a problem.

No problem. Dark outside now but check tomorrow night and I will post info after I take measurements. I will also measure how far it is to my bags and pipes. I know yours will be different but will give you a reference point.
John

Last edited:
Here is an image of a floorboard from an '08 FLSTC , you can clearly see the socket opening....I'm hope it's 3/4", then I can go shop on line and make my bike whole again.
11-0507_footboards_pass_3.jpg

passfootmount.jpg

My hex stud is 2 1/4" long with 2 bolt channels (2 positions for pass. floorboard to be mounted) one channel is 3/4" from mounting bracket and 2nd channel is at 1 3/4" (where I have mine mounted). The stud is 3/4" and mounting bolt head is 7/16" (bolt that goes through channel and squeezes floor board onto stud).
Heat shield to edge of pass. floor board is 1 7/16" (it's also the pivot point so doesn't matter if in up or down position). My board is in farthest bolt channel but at closest channel, I would still have almost 1/2" clearance between board and heat shield.
Floorboard is almost 1" below my saddlebag but at least 3" in front of saddlebag (bottom of my bag curves (corner of bag)) and is almost 4" away from floor board.
Sounds like you should be good to go on exhaust and bag clearance, as well as stud being 3/4".
Hope you have a great trip and be safe.

Thank You so much. This was the kind of info I was looking for !!!
Hopefully I can find a set for a sweet price....I'm not going to waist my time going to the Harley dealer for parts , they always pull out a V-Twin or Dennis Kirk catalog and tell me they can get what I need in 2 weeks....I'll see what I can find at the online auction site.
Thanks Again....... BIG TIME !!!!

Back