free website stats program Passenger floorboards hit my calves | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger floorboards hit my calves

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-1B_Guy

I did a search and couldn't find any concrete answers on how to fix this issue, all I found was replacing pegs w/ boards.

I ride an 09 Ultra and my wife's feet/floorboards are forever hitting my calves when approaching a stop or parking. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

B-1B, I had the same problem with mine. I am a relatively short guy 5'-10" and my pfb's were constantly whacking the backs of my calves, even when folded up. First I just took them off, which was fine, but even though I don't usually ride 2 up, I wanted something just in case. I ended up trading my passenger boards for a set of pegs and brackets from a street glide. They work out fine and don't hit my legs at all when they're folded up. BTW if you decide to do this mod I have a set of brackets available as I ordered them and then ended up trading for the peg/bracket.

Try shifting into neutral. before coming to a stop and you can control where your feet come down easier.Also when riding with a passenger and trying to park have them get off before you try to park and kick them up so you dont hit them.works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back