free website stats program Passenger floorboard extenders | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger floorboard extenders

Has anyone ever installed floorboard extenders on passenger floorboards? If so what tool is the best? Tried using a socket with hex and it was to long. Help please
WAP.gif

I just removed mine yesterday. My Craftsman Allen bit on a 3/8" rachet just barely fit between the board and bolt. Maybe just a regular Allen wrench will work? If your bit is removable from the socket, try just it with a box end wrench on it. I'd hate to have to cut/grind my Allen down, but would if I had to.

Why did you remove them?

I just removed mine yesterday. My Craftsman Allen bit on a 3/8" rachet just barely fit between the board and bolt. Maybe just a regular Allen wrench will work? If your bit is removable from the socket, try just it with a box end wrench on it. I'd hate to have to cut/grind my Allen down, but would if I had to.

Why did you remove them?

I have Street Glide passenger pegs on my bike. I'm getting ready for a trip and was thinking of mounting a small cooler on the stock passenger foot board, so I put it on for a test fit. It wasn't as good an idea as I'd thought, so I put the Street Glide peg back on.

I have found the ball end hex works well for this.

Back