free website stats program Passenger falling asleep | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger falling asleep

Richard Freeling, (62) of Hastings, NE, was traveling eastbound on I-90 near the South Dakota /Wyoming border when his passenger, Nancy Freeling, (62), fell asleep and fell off the motorcycle. Nancy Freeling was wearing a helmet and sustained non life threatening injuries. She was transported to Spearfish Regional Hospital

South Dakota State News

The wife has done this a couple of times. The first time she leaned one way and I had to lean the other to keep the bike staright. Luckly she had her arm around me and I was able to grab her.

I had that happen only once way back when. We were kind of in a hurry to get home as it was getting cold after the rain storm and we had no foul weather gear. It was on the Pa. turnpike and I was at about 70mph in a curve when the bike got really stupid. Yep she was asleep on the back and bobbing around, cut back on the throttle and got things back under control. Scarey stuff......

my g/f falls asleep on the backseat of my ultra, I would imagine that its pretty hard to fall out of the back seat of that...but what a tragedy that was...

This happened while my wife and I were headed to Daytona Bike Week. We had to stay in Ocala due to lack of available hotels in Daytona. She was fine on the ride down. We stayed until about 5:30 the next morning and then headed back to Ocala. The first time she dozed off, she almost fell off the bike and it scared the (EDIT) outta me. The bike lunged to the side and I about lost it. After that I made her put her hands in my jacket pockets and I zipped them tight around her hands. If I had any bungee cords I would have wrapped them around both of us.

Just my .02

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep on long trips my wife will take naps she has it down pat and I don't know when she's sleeping, she also reads. The looks we get are great some cagers even take pic's the dog on the trunk in her bag the ol lady reading or sleeping and we pull a bushtec trailer which makes a great sight.

Back