free website stats program Passenger falling asleep | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger falling asleep

JKT1969

Had my gf out this weekend for some riding, weather in Alabama was made for riding this weekend. About 20min into it I kept getting knocked in the back of the helmet with hers, couple of times she twitched on me, at the next stop I turned and ask if she was ok, come to find out she was falling asleep back there and couldn't help herself. This happen anyone before? Seems that could be a potential safety issue...anyways, guess I'm a pretty smooth rider :D

Had my gf out this weekend for some riding, weather in Alabama was made for riding this weekend. About 20min into it I kept getting knocked in the back of the helmet with hers, couple of times she twitched on me, at the next stop I turned and ask if she was ok, come to find out she was falling asleep back there and couldn't help herself. This happen anyone before? Seems that could be a potential safety issue...anyways, guess I'm a pretty smooth rider :D

there was a thread on this a while ago....some goods stories on this subject :coffee

Yep, The Redhead used to fall asleep on long rides mostly when it was cold out

Sounds like my wife. She tells me the fresh air and the sound of the bike is so relaxing more so if she has had a couple of drinks. My wife is small 106 lbs so all i do is sit back in the seat a little farther an lean back a bit .This locks her in between me an the beer box. works great.This also make for a quiet ride for me.

My daughter (18 years old) fell asleep on me several times going across Monteagle on I-24, she kept bobbing around like a rag doll back there. I had to stop at a rest area so she could stretch her legs a bit and walk around.

Just had a rider killed not too far from my house. Lady fell asleep and fell off the bike. Killed on impact. Not sure if she was wearing a helmet...
Real scary situation.
Please be careful out there!

I started taking my daughter on the bike (Dyna) when she was about 3. She would fall asleep almost before we were out of the driveway. So I rigged up a seat belt out of an old belt, and a harness out of a bedroll harness that fit over the sissybar pad (put it on facing forward). When she was older, I just used the lap belt.

Now on the Ultra, I have a lap belt rigged up so I can use it with any passengers I am not sure will make the journey without nodding off. Not as big a problem on the Ultra with the lounge chair back there, but better safe than sorry.

TQ

Back