free website stats program Passenger comfort | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger comfort

Do any of you who ride with a passenger a lot get many comments about the crash bars being uncomfortable for your passenger? My wife says the bars hit her in the back of the legs. She's 5'8" so I have the passenger floorboards in their lowest setting on our /09 Ultra. I also have passenger grab rails installed at her request and there doesn't seem to be much room without those hitting her legs as well.

My wife is only 5 foot 2 inches. Just a little whisp of a lady. I have a 2003 Roadking. The back of her calves were resting on the rear stock crash bars. She did not complain but did mentioned it once. Hence I installed the Harley angular crash bars in the rear. Then I installed the Harley Davidson rear passenger foot board risers. These raised the foot boards up I think 2 1/2 inches. Now...all is well. :)

You might go with just changing the crash bars first. Your wife being taller may not want the footboards raised....Hope this helps some.

I have found even for myself, when you get the seat right, handlebars right, and windshield right....You and your bike seem to become "one", and no other bikes feels as good as yours. When you are puttin' down the road. It is a beautiful thing.:)

I purchased the SunDowner seat, and th ewife loves it.

It is much flatter and wider than the stock seat.

HTH

Frank

BBU2, Let me know how it works if you do purchase the Sundowner seat. I'd consider changing the bars but I don't know if the bars around the saddlebags would bolt up to them?

My wife doesn't complain about anyting she just loves to ride but then again I have a Road King Classic ...you cant complain about perfection:s

My wife doesn't complain about anything when it comes to the bike. She just loves to ride.Then again I have a Road King Classic and you can't complain about perfection.:s Glider Knows what I'm talking about.

Back