free website stats program Passenger comfort | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger comfort

Subby

Do any of you who ride with a passenger a lot get many comments about the crash bars being uncomfortable for your passenger? My wife says the bars hit her in the back of the legs. She's 5'8" so I have the passenger floorboards in their lowest setting on our /09 Ultra. I also have passenger grab rails installed at her request and there doesn't seem to be much room without those hitting her legs as well.

They (HD) offer a different set that is angled downward to eliminate this problem in the P&A book or at the dealers if it isn't listed in there.

Do any of you who ride with a passenger a lot get many comments about the crash bars being uncomfortable for your passenger? My wife says the bars hit her in the back of the legs. She's 5'8" so I have the passenger floorboards in their lowest setting on our /09 Ultra. I also have passenger grab rails installed at her request and there doesn't seem to be much room without those hitting her legs as well.

I had to check if I submitted that question because it describes our problem almost exactly. My wife is also 5'8" and is complaining about that saddlebag rail hitting the back of her leg and about the new seat configuration which makes the passenger's butt sit down in a hole. I first tried to lower the passenger footboard to help her sit up straighter but that made the rail rub on her thigh worse so I am going to move it back up again. This sucks because she was comfortable enough on the 04 to ride some 600 mile days with me. I am open to seat suggestions that will straighten he back out.

BBU2, I wonder if our wives are related?? Same problem and I tried the same solution ie: lowering the passenger foot boards. My next step is to try one of those seat pads available at Walmart for about $18.00. That should raise her up about 3/4" to 1" and may lift her out of the "pocket" a bit. Don't know if that'll do the trick or not but it's worth a try.

My wife has the same problem. But not until I put a drivers backrest on. If you have one of these, and have used it for a while, it is too hard to give up. My wife is only 5'1'', so if there is a solution, please post.:bigsmiley23:

49087_01_M_16f2b.jpg

p/n 49179-09
Harley-Davidson | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

Same problem here too. She says the bike is great except for those freaking bars hitting the back of her legs. I also put the Kuryakyn adjustable pegs that she says helps but she still complains about the bars.
On the angled bars how hard would it be to put the vertical bars across the bags back on?

BBU2, I wonder if our wives are related?? Same problem and I tried the same solution ie: lowering the passenger foot boards. My next step is to try one of those seat pads available at Walmart for about $18.00. That should raise her up about 3/4" to 1" and may lift her out of the "pocket" a bit. Don't know if that'll do the trick or not but it's worth a try.

Subby, I'm going to check out the Sundowner seat at the dealership. The pictures in the HD catalog make it look like the passenger part of the seat is more level than the stock one. If I can solve the "butt in a hole" probl:Dem first maybe I can then solve the saddlebag bar issue.

Subby, I'm going to check out the Sundowner seat at the dealership. The pictures in the HD catalog make it look like the passenger part of the seat is more level than the stock one. If I can solve the "butt in a hole" probl:Dem first maybe I can then solve the saddlebag bar issue.

I see that it makes a difference where the cursor is when you put the smiley in. LOL :D

Back