free website stats program passenger comfort | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

passenger comfort

:rofl 2008 Heritage Softail....went with Mustang seat...17" wide and14" wide for the passenger....wife likes it so all is well. This is my third mustang seat, all more comfortable than factory seats by far.:D

:rofl 2008 Heritage Softail....went with Mustang seat...17" wide and14" wide for the passenger....wife likes it so all is well. This is my third mustang seat, all more comfortable than factory seats by far.:D
question for you - have the mustang seats (love them) but my wife seems to think a taller sissy bar pad would be better for her. she does not lean back on the one we have. do you have short or tall (in inches please - I do not know the diff)

thanks
Bill

I would recomend the Mustang reagal very comfortable and you get what you pay for and keep in mind if your passenger is not happy it can ruin a great ride

Okay, I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask, but here it goes. Are the Corbin seats made to fit one person? The reason I ask, is that we had a dual sport with a Corbin seat and I hated that seat. I may as well have had piece of plywood for a seat. (I gave it about 600 miles, but that was all I could take) The stock seat was much better on that bike. I know that Harleys and dual sports are very different animals, but I always wondered if the seat formed to one body and that was it?

And for the record, I raced and rode bicycles for 18 years or so, and if any of you have seen or rode a high end racing bike, you will know that the seats are not the greatest in comfort. :)

Ok, let's do some Corbin bashing, joyflyin I also have had a corbin seat on my bike and could not drive over 50 miles and cost over $500.00 and is hard as a rock, but the old Mustang I had on the bike from day one, that I paid $250.00 for, I would jump on and ride cross country no problem & sleep half the way there. Here's a pic of the two seats, sorry RichaedS joyflyin made me do this when I read her post:newsmile011:
Corbin
100_5793.jpg

Mustang
bike.jpg

The Corbin looks nice but which one would you want to sit on mile after mile?

question for you - have the mustang seats (love them) but my wife seems to think a taller sissy bar pad would be better for her. she does not lean back on the one we have. do you have short or tall (in inches please - I do not know the diff)

thanks
Bill

Hi Bill;
I put a pic of the bike with the mustang seat on...I have the original backrest and sissy bar that came with the bike....I asked my wife and she said she leans back on it and is comfortable...she is 5' 6". Hope that helps.

Attachments

• DCP_0001.jpg
    DCP_0001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 17
LOL, I'm with you Chopper. I haven't tried a mustang seat yet, but I'm pretty much done with Corbins. :30: I was very disappointed after all the hype I had heard about how great the Corbin was. But hey, if someone else likes them that's great. I'm fine with my stock seat on the deuce.

Back