free website stats program Passenger Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Backrest

I just purchased a 2013 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra. I installed a quick release 4 point docking setup for the tour pack, changed out seat, and installed a sissy bar, backrest and luggage rack, all from the Harley catalog, through the dealership when the bike was purchased. (The sissy bar and backrest look just like the one you have pictured in the link.) The luggage rack can't be mounted until I relocate the license plate which they didn't tell me about when I purchased it from them. The detachable sissy bar and backrest are horribly uncomfortable, almost to unusable. When installed it is completely vertical and is terribly uncomfortable and causes back pain. It is not adjustable. The dealership doesn't care and won't take it back either. There is a reclining backrest in the catalog but they won't allow it to be tried prior to purchase and won't take it back after it's been installed even if it hasn't left the dealership and is in perfect condition. Oh it's $300.00 too.

I don't mean to be so negative but I'm really disappointed with this purchase and lack of support from Harley and wanted to let you know of the problems I've had so you can check out the figment and comfort prior to making your purchase.

Good luck.

Tom

I just purchased a 2013 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra. I installed a quick release 4 point docking setup for the tour pack, changed out seat, and installed a sissy bar, backrest and luggage rack, all from the Harley catalog, through the dealership when the bike was purchased. (The sissy bar and backrest look just like the one you have pictured in the link.) The luggage rack can't be mounted until I relocate the license plate which they didn't tell me about when I purchased it from them. The detachable sissy bar and backrest are horribly uncomfortable, almost to unusable. When installed it is completely vertical and is terribly uncomfortable and causes back pain. It is not adjustable. The dealership doesn't care and won't take it back either. There is a reclining backrest in the catalog but they won't allow it to be tried prior to purchase and won't take it back after it's been installed even if it hasn't left the dealership and is in perfect condition. Oh it's $300.00 too.

I don't mean to be so negative but I'm really disappointed with this purchase and lack of support from Harley and wanted to let you know of the problems I've had so you can check out the figment and comfort prior to making your purchase.

Good luck.

Tom

Good to know Tom, never considered the angle of the backrest.

Thanks
Blu

My 2008 EG with the Harley option back rest installed, it looks great and the Misses has never complained of being uncomfortable..

As you can see my profile picture, I haven't heard any complaints from my passengers. I guess it is good... :dknow

Good luck.

Tom
Your not being negative at all Tom, we all learn from others experiences ,that's what these threads are all about. If you helped 1 person from possibly making a bad choice from what you learned, you made a difference.

Back