free website stats program Passed My Sub 40 Degree Test!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Passed My Sub 40 Degree Test!!!

Glider Are they the liners or the gloves?
I have managed now for more the 20 years but I rode 110 miles the other day in 35* weather and it took its toll on the old bones.
I will be investing in gloves or lines, the vest, the pants, and the dual controller before next winter. If I want to run with the big dogs now I need heat.

I've got the gloves (always have to turn them up all the way, but they're good), the full jacket liner (it can be at about half power generally), nothing on the legs (long johns and windproof riding pants seem to work), and the socks (which are uncomfortable unless you wear another pair of socks under them, but warm. I don't find I need them.) Hope this helps.

I've got the gloves (always have to turn them up all the way, but they're good), the full jacket liner (it can be at about half power generally), nothing on the legs (long johns and windproof riding pants seem to work), and the socks (which are uncomfortable unless you wear another pair of socks under them, but warm. I don't find I need them.) Hope this helps.

Thanks
I was thinking along the lines of the vest liner because the arms of my jackets are snug.

I had heard that about the socks everyone says stay away from them because they are uncomfortable to walk in.

I don't know if the glove liners have the same issue as the socks; but, the gloves themselves are very comfortable. I'm sure you'll be fine with the vest...it's the torso where you lose all the heat.

I don't know if the glove liners have the same issue as the socks; but, the gloves themselves are very comfortable. I'm sure you'll be fine with the vest...it's the torso where you lose all the heat.

Thanks
I was thinking the same thing. I would rather spend a little more money and be happy. I don't want to have to get something else because I am not happy with what I have gotten.

Buying heated stuff is a significant step "over the line" for me. I layer with high tech stuff like Under Armour, ski sock liners, and continue to pat myself on the back for getting a Street Glide with the fairing that protects the hands! I wore winter motorcycle gloves (unheated) on my ride in the 30's yesterday and chilly hands were never a factor.

Know what the best part is? In another month we'll be putting all that crap away and the threads will be about what everyone wears on a HOT day!!

Still riding mine to work, night in and day out. No windshield or heated clothes-- just a full face helmet, mittens, and long handles. Yesterday morning was brisk. 24 degrees at 2:00 AM but we made it alright. Had an interesting ride home Saturday. The wind almost blew me over sitting still at a stopsign! Somewhere around 800 combined pounds. That was a stiff wind!!
It was real nasty out there on Saturday! Today is a much better day, cold this am @ 6:30am around 28* but its in the upper 60* now. Nice ride home tonight with the sun still up!:D

Yea Man!! I am feeling a little sick right now (kidding)....i think a nice ride would make me feel better...The Loooooong way home!

Back