free website stats program Part Number | Harley Davidson Forums

Part Number

JPHarley

I just relocated my turn signals with the relocation kit. What I am trying to find and have not been able to is the part number for the bolts that screw into the holes left when I moved the lights. I have the detachable side plates for the sissy bar. Not even sure if Harley makes a part for that.
Thanks in advance for any help.
JP

I just relocated my turn signals with the relocation kit. What I am trying to find and have not been able to is the part number for the bolts that screw into the holes left when I moved the lights. I have the detachable side plates for the sissy bar. Not even sure if Harley makes a part for that.
Thanks in advance for any help.
JP

Are you talking about the rear or front turn signal light? Sounds like the rears. If you want a bolt to resecure the side plates where the signal light stand-off used to be, just go to the Dealership with the standoff and tell them you want a chromed bolt with whatever head you want (socket head cap screw, hex head cap screw, etc.), the lenth, and to match the threads on the stand-off. Common on our bikes are 1/4-20, 5/16-18, or 3/8-16. You probably want to put a chromed flat washer there too.

TQ

Not sure if this will help, but I just did away with my stock signals which were mounted using the HD relocation kit and docking hardware for detachable sideplates. I put a touring signal bar on the fender. My relocation kit had slugs which were used to cover the old vacant hole. I just reused these. I picked up a pack of chrome rear rotor bolts and used those to secure the covers on the struts using the detachable hardware strut brackets under the fender.

Picture008.jpg

This offer anything helpful or am I babbling?

Sorry it's the rear turn signals that I relocated. My sissy bar clamps on the bolt that the turn signal used to screw into. Now the threads are sticking out.I think pictures are the best way to explain. What I am needing is a bolt to replace the one in the after pic with the threads sticking out. I didn't get anything in my relocation kit even though the parts guy said it had those. On the instructions it did not show any such part.
Now I think I am even confused..hehe

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 29
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 35
Looks from the pict that the threads hanging out are probably 5/16-18. How hard is it to remove the bolt from the inside of the fender and take it to the Dealership for one about 1/2" shorter (measure it to be sure)?

If you have no success at HD, go to Lowes, Home Depot or Ace and get a stainless bolt the right length to replace the one you have now. The stainless will blend in nicely.

TQ

Not sure if this will help, but I just did away with my stock signals which were mounted using the HD relocation kit and docking hardware for detachable sideplates. I put a touring signal bar on the fender. My relocation kit had slugs which were used to cover the old vacant hole. I just reused these. I picked up a pack of chrome rear rotor bolts and used those to secure the covers on the struts using the detachable hardware strut brackets under the fender.

Picture008.jpg

This offer anything helpful or am I babbling?
I was thinking of doing what you did but wasnt sure if it would fit right, what part # is the turn signal mount? do you have a pic of the rear?

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will cruise down to the only shop here in San Angelo that works on Harleys and see if he has some chrome bolts that will work. I should have thought of that before. I'll let you know how it turns out.
JP

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will cruise down to the only shop here in San Angelo that works on Harleys and see if he has some chrome bolts that will work. I should have thought of that before. I'll let you know how it turns out.
JP

Local hometown hardware store has either stainless or chrome. Personally I like stainless round head allen bolts because chrome plating can be nicked or chipped when installing, promoting rust...BUT they are more shiny and look like "OEM" Harley...IF you are careful and use "blue loctite." JMO :eam

JP

I don't know about your area, but around here, ACE Hardware has all the chrome bolts and fasteners that anyone could want or need:s

Back