free website stats program Part number for Stock Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Part number for Stock Pipes

tlyoungb

Hey,

Can someone here help me out. I am looking for the part number for the stock pipes for a 2005 Electra Glide Standard FLHTI.

I don't know if they are catalytic Converter or not.

Thanks

Tlyoungb,

California bikes are catalytic in 05- Left side chrome #65418-04
Non California (domestic)- Left side chrome #65538-95A
California chrome catylitic- Right side #65354-04
Right side domestic chrome #65539-95A
There are also slash cut part #s in my 05 Touring parts manual( page 131) which I am using if you need. Should be correct but I suggest you cross ref with your local HD shop just to be sure.
Good luck.

Tlyoungb,

California bikes are catalytic in 05- Left side chrome #65418-04
Non California (domestic)- Left side chrome #65538-95A
California chrome catylitic- Right side #65354-04
Right side domestic chrome #65539-95A
There are also slash cut part #s in my 05 Touring parts manual( page 131) which I am using if you need. Should be correct but I suggest you cross ref with your local HD shop just to be sure.
Good luck.

What if there is the letter B instead of the letter A.

Thanks

The letter at the end of the part number will indicate the revision of that part but the fitment is the same so a B at the end will be an updated or revised part newer than A

Brian

Well here is more info I found. Looking at these pipes, I saw the pipe that goes on the right side(Sitting on the bike) has the part number 65846-95B, and the USA Catalyst stamped on it.

The other side has 65538-95B.

So I am thinking now that these pipes have the catalytic converter in it and the other side doesn't. I was wanting to put these on my 2005 EGS FLHTI, but I am thinking that my bike does not have the catalytic type. My pipes are in bad shape, and a friend of mine gave me these pipes. Can I use them? or should I just pass on them.

Well here is more info I found. Looking at these pipes, I saw the pipe that goes on the right side(Sitting on the bike) has the part number 65846-95B, and the USA Catalyst stamped on it.

The other side has 65538-95B.

So I am thinking now that these pipes have the catalytic converter in it and the other side doesn't. I was wanting to put these on my 2005 EGS FLHTI, but I am thinking that my bike does not have the catalytic type. My pipes are in bad shape, and a friend of mine gave me these pipes. Can I use them? or should I just pass on them.

I would pass on the Cat pipes JMO My take is it will de crease your exhaust flow

Back