free website stats program PARADE MODE | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

PARADE MODE

That is my plan exactly. There’s something I forgot to mention. If the bike sits for a few days, it doesn’t fire right up instantly. If I bump the starter button and let the fuel pump cycle again. It fires right up! I’ve never had any hesitation, the throttle response has always been right there. Im feeling I have dirty injectors. But I’m going through all the motions before I replace the injectors, their like $80.00 each. If I replace the injectors, I’m replacing the fuel filter as well. With the small issues I went through with this bike because of negligence and abuse from the previous owner. But the shop I first went to will never see me again. I’m going to check the pins in the electronic throttle body, double check current at the injectors. Because when the engine goes into parade mode, it’s a hole different acting Symptom, and the engine maintains its RPM’s at an idle. When it misfires right after warm up, you could definitely tell it’s misfiring, the idle fluctuates.

Reading through this it seems as though that you have mentioned more than once that the fuel pump cycles seemingly more than usual. Have you checked fuel rail pressure? maybe open the tank to to check for fuel line leaks in the tank. That would cause the fuel pump to run more than usual, also reducing fuel rail pressure.

Bodeen hello

The cycle of the fuel pump is about a second to a second and a half. No more. That’s the first thing I listened for, the length of the cycle. You are abosutly correct, if the fuel pressure is not there, the cycle would be a little more. Almost like starting to run out of gas. It’s nothing like that, I put as much as 4.5 gallons of gas because of the lack of a gas station on the road. I like to put at least 3.5 to 4 gallons in at a fill up. Because most everyone uses 87 octane, I put nothing but 92, or 93. Before the fuel pump’s nozzle and line can start pumping 93 There has to be at least a guart of 87 in that line if not more. I might have a fitting to fit the tank. To my knowledge a minimum of 40 psi should be obtained.

Thank you for your input

Anthony C

GOOD MORNING TO ALL
This past weekend I was under the weather and just relaxed. No maintenance work.

This morning before I left for work I just had to try
It. I pulled the rear plug wire right after the engine settled down from being cold. When I did pull the wire, there was definitely a misfire from the rear cylinder. I know I’m getting good spark. Not sure how much fuel/gas I’m getting. I’m getting some gas, because there was a really big difference. Tomorrow morning I’m going to pull the front plug wire to see the outcome.

The following morning I pulled the front plug wire. It stayed running, so I’m getting fuel. A couple of days later I started at work to let it warm up. After the idle settled down, the engine would fire on both cylinders but it would hit and miss. Smooth to rough idle. The warmer it gets the better it idles. I haven’t had any more codes from the throttle control solenoid sine I used the diaelectric grease on the connection.

OK Everyone. I replaced the temperature sensor in the front head. To save everyone time so you don't have to read through all the threads. When I first start this engine when it was cold, it would be on the high idle and slowly work it's way down to the set idle. The rear cylinder would hit and miss until I took it for a ride. When the engine reached operating temperature, it would idle as a Harley engine idles. Well since I replaced that sensor, it does not hit and miss any longer. The exhaust coming from the right muffler has always been cooler then the left side at an idle. The engine has plenty of power, while I had the tank off, I performed a compression test. Both cylinders gave me 215 psi. I don't know if thats good or bad. It sounds like it is good. This is on a cold engine with the throttle wide open. I hope I have helped some, I do want to say thank you to all involved in this thread. I also wanted to make sure I replied with my findings.

Thank you again,

Anthony C

Glad you got it sorted out! Thanks for the update! :) Now, go ride...unless you are in Ohio. Might want to wait a week before you go out. ;)

You are most welcome.

I live in Virginia Beach, VA. The last few days has been chilly riding days, and I try to ride as much as I can throughout the year. I keep the trickle charger on the battery. So when a good day happens and I have the time and I'm in the mood, I ride. Have a great weekend.

Thanks again,

Anthony C

I lived af NAS Oceana for a few years.I remember they had to haul sand in for the beach every year,and would fine you for taking even a buckets worth off the beach.

Back