free website stats program Parade Flag Mount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Parade Flag Mount

Mad Dog,

Found this pic from last years ride to Fort Sims, about a 45 miler at ~ 50mph, flag isn't tattered yet.

Attachments

• adjustment 1.JPG
    adjustment 1.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 53
Hey Jim, hope gator508 posts helps. I have not heard back from my stepson yet. He's got battalion Sgt now and he stays a bit busy. But I'm guessing from what I've heard you are gonna need to get a fabricator involved or do it yourself. Too bad BUBBIE doesn't live closer, you might could get it for a PORK CHOP.

This's an old pic and wasn't clear on the bracket that I made, will get better pic if you want. It's kinda hard to ride with them both on the back at 55-60mph but nothing fly away, nothing bend or broken.

PA120501-1.jpg

Jim here are two flag mount photos my stepson has, don't know if you can tell much but one of them looks to come off the fender. The first pic is of my stepson, he was 5yrs old when I married his mother (my current wife). He grew up to be quite a man. He served with the 10th Mountain Division in Afganistan. He was special opps for awhile but night jumps messed his knees and shoulders up and he's in an Armored unit now. He rides in PRG for some time now. That's his Kawasaki Vulcan.

redwb PGR Flag mounts
redwb PGR Flag mounts
redwb PGR Flag mounts

All good stuff guys, thanks! I'll kick it around. I might try out the home flag mount idea on my luggage rack if nothing else. But I'm hoping to come up with something wicked looking that works great too.

Jim all the ones I've seen on PGR rides are on a luggage rack. And every one of them that I asked where they got it, they either said they made it or a welder fabricator made it for them.

They mostly are taking two flat straps (stainless) and drilling a attachment bolt hole thru both and hold it on the luggage rack. They then weld a flag mount on the top strap.

If you don't have a Sissy bar or luggage rack I have not yet seen what they do on that, but I will check now with my stepson who has been on many more PGR rides than me.

This is exactly what I made out of aluminum plates with rubber pads glued on. Bolted on is a standard adjustable pole mount to hold my 3' x 5' flag, good for about 40 mph. I have a smaller window flag that I cut the bottom mount off and wrapped with tape to fit into the larger mount for highway speeds. I can grab some pics if you want.

The ride captains who carry several large flags at highway speeds have extremely well supported mounts and heavy duty poles because of safety concerns.

I just put a hidden receiver hitch on my UC ,that is really slick .Unless you get down and look under the fender , you'll never know it's there ( without the receiver in it ). After we get back from the Dixie region Gathering of the Guard ,I'm going to make another , longer hitch for it . Then I'll just weld a piece cross ways between the ball and the receiver . Then just stub a couple of 1 1/4 pipes up about 8". That way I'll can run 3x5 "s and still pull our PRG trailer ....if I HAVE TOO .

I think I found the BEST! Once I scrape up the money we'll see how it works out. They guarentee them to 40 MPH but claim that they will handle 70 MPH. The feed back comments are all awesome.

1" billet alluminum Flag Pole kit breaks down to 1 1/2 foot long sections, comes with cool bag and topper of your choice. (USMC is the best choice LOL)

They have sissy bar mounts, luggage rack mounts, and trailer hitch mounts. All billet and look strong and sharp!

I'm going with the Pole kit, getting an extra length of pole and two extra flag attach clips so it's 7 1/2 feet tall (probably ride with it 4 1/2 feet tall, and the billet sissy bar mount. I'll attach the flag with 4 clips. I'll surf around and find a sock to put over it when it rolled for travelling.

graymachine.net

Not cheap! My full set will run about $250 - Though the mount is the most important part and only about $80...

(sorry for the Metric picture... it's off their web site - NOT mine!)

Attachments

• Flag Pole Set.jpg
    Flag Pole Set.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Sissy Bar Mount.jpg
    Sissy Bar Mount.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Attach Clips.jpg
    Attach Clips.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Flag Mounted.jpg
    Flag Mounted.jpg