free website stats program Palo Duro Canyon? | Harley Davidson Forums

Palo Duro Canyon?

HogFan

I am picking my bike up at Barnett in El Paso next week and plan to do some looking around on my way home to the DFW area. Anyone rode in or around Palo Duro canyon? Side trip suggestions?

Thanks!
HogFan

I haven't been up that way yet but it is on my someday list. I saw some pictures some months back in Ride Texas and it looked neat. I will look to see if I still have the magazine.

I am picking my bike up at Barnett in El Paso next week and plan to do some looking around on my way home to the DFW area. Anyone rode in or around Palo Duro canyon? Side trip suggestions?

Hog, what are you riding home? Are you keeping the 2004 Heritage? Have fun and let us know how the trip turned out when you get home!

Hog, what are you riding home? Are you keeping the 2004 Heritage? Have fun and let us know how the trip turned out when you get home!

No, an unfortunate divorce settlement did the Heritage in. I am buying a retired '07 Electra Glide cop bike. I plan to take pics an file some sort of ride report when I get home!

i did a tour throu the canyon as a side trip on my way to colorado. nice ride in the canyon. also a small state park there. not any big towns real close. lot of open spaces............bw

Wife and I trailered our bike from Ft. Worth to Amarillo then rode through Palo Duro last summer. The trip thru the canyon at state park speeds took about an hour. A long way out of your way for an hour ride. All of the other roads in the area are typical West TX panhandle ie; miles and miles of miles and miles.

Big Bend might be a better option. Hwy 67 from San Angelo through Stephenville is a nice cruise. Stop in Dublin and get some Real Dr. Pepper, I think it's their oldest plant and they use Cane Sugar. Tastes much better. Have fun.

Pretty country you have down there been a lot of years since i have been down that way bet it is still pristine with nice sunsets:):)

Back