Paint

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Majortomca, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Majortomca

Majortomca New Member

I'm thinking of Painting my Calipers GOLD,Just wondering if this would look a little weird with the Blue and Chrome and Engine Black,any Opinions will be Appreciated.

Thanks Tom.

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Since you asked for opinions I'd opt to keep them black or the color blue like the scoot.
    I think powder coating would hold up better than paint.

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I would stay with black but then I am a wee bit conservative when it comes to colour choices and black works with everything

Brian

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The problem with any color other than black, you are going to be drawn to the caliper first and foremost then you may see the rest of bike.

5. nakkers

nakkers Active Member

Hey Tom,

I think there is a reason you don't really see it done. Lord knows if it was to look good, you'd see it more often.

Considering the FXCWC was HD's version of a "custom chopper", when you look at custom bikes, most keep the caliper's clean and discrete. Colors being chrome, billet or black. The attention is typically to focus on the wheel/rim.......

Gold may look good if it's been used for other bits to bring on a theme maybe? But, to me it would bring a bit of a dated look. That's just my opinion.