free website stats program Paint | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint

Majortomca

I'm thinking of Painting my Calipers GOLD,Just wondering if this would look a little weird with the Blue and Chrome and Engine Black,any Opinions will be Appreciated.

Thanks Tom.

Since you asked for opinions I'd opt to keep them black or the color blue like the scoot.
I think powder coating would hold up better than paint.

I would stay with black but then I am a wee bit conservative when it comes to colour choices and black works with everything

Brian

The problem with any color other than black, you are going to be drawn to the caliper first and foremost then you may see the rest of bike.

Hey Tom,

I think there is a reason you don't really see it done. Lord knows if it was to look good, you'd see it more often.

Considering the FXCWC was HD's version of a "custom chopper", when you look at custom bikes, most keep the caliper's clean and discrete. Colors being chrome, billet or black. The attention is typically to focus on the wheel/rim.......

Gold may look good if it's been used for other bits to bring on a theme maybe? But, to me it would bring a bit of a dated look. That's just my opinion.

Back