Paint To Match?

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by Dr. Dolittle, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I've been thinking about getting a detachable tour pack for longer trips on my 2008 Street Glide. Even going through Zanotti's it would be around $800 for the tour pack and the quick detach hardware. I've seen a couple deals on Ebay and Craig's List for used ones but they're not the same color as my bike. Can I pick up some spray paint at my dealer to get the pack to match my bike? I know it wouldn't look as nice as just buying new but I probably would only use the pack a couple times a year so it doesn't have to be a perfect match and I'd love to save some dough.

Any thoughts?

2. jeff991

jeff991 New Member

Try this guy he has a shop that does body work on Harley's and has most factory paint in stock

Ship parts to: Todd Spencer Enterprises, 1008 County Road 500, Bayfield, CO 81122

970-769-3226 Cell, for quotes

I look forward to you contacting me with your paint questions, or if you need a new or used Harley, give me a call too!

3. Dr. Dolittle

Smitty,

In my heart, I was thinking the same thing - nothing is going to look as good as the factory job, especially if I do it with a "rattle can" as you call it. I guess I was just hoping there would be an easy solution.
    I've seen a couple pictures of bikes mixing the hard saddlebags with leather tour packs and, IMO only, it just doesn't look right. If I found a really sweet deal on a leather one I guess I'd have to rethink my position on that.
    For now, I'll have to decide if the expense is justified to get a factory painted, matching pack or just wait a while.

4. Dr. Dolittle

Very good point - I'll give you my wife's number so you can talk to her for me! :D