free website stats program Paint scratches | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint scratches

FLST

Just bought an '05 FLST. The black paint has minor scratches probably form past polishing. What's the best way to get them out?

If they are not to deep, more like swirl or polishing streaks, there are several scratch removers on the market. I have had good results with Mothers scratch remover. Some of the high end paste wax with a good amount of clay will cover minor scratches.

I agree with Don's suggestion. Meguire and Mothers both have multi-step products such as pre wax cleaner, and deglaze and sealer. Start with the least aggressive product, and do a small unnoticeable area. I would rather spend $50 on various grades of products than to worsen the problem.
My '07 had "spider webs" that showed in the sun. I used 3 steps of Mothers products to remove them.
P.S. If you ever drop a cloth on the ground when waxing or buffing, stop using it.

Turtle Wax makes a "black box" set.
It has cleaner, conditioner and wax that has a black color in the product.
I have a black car and it really gives the "wet" look.
Basically dyes the imperfections with black color.
Have seen other manufactors that offer a similar product line.

Just bought an '05 FLST. The black paint has minor scratches probably form past polishing. What's the best way to get them out?

I use zaino to remove minor scratches its not cheap but works very well .My way of thinking is if it works I dont care what it cost

Turtle Wax makes a "black box" set.
It has cleaner, conditioner and wax that has a black color in the product.
I have a black car and it really gives the "wet" look.
Basically dyes the imperfections with black color.
Have seen other manufactors that offer a similar product line.

My black deuce has a silver stripe and Harley symbol under the clear coat, would the black box effect the silver If I would wax over it with the black box kit?
WAP.gif

Back