Paint Job

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by orourcs, Oct 6, 2010.

1. orourcs

orourcs Member

I am considering a custom paint job on my bike. Can you guys give me a ball park cost to have a first class paint job done to the fenders and tank? I have no idea what this should cost.
    Thanks

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The other option is to look into Harley's custom paint tins through MOCO. Check out the parts and accessories catalog.

3. Gezzer Glide

Gezzer Glide Active Member Contributor

Contact me if you need help with this project. I have been painting motorcycles for over 10 years and I can help you.

4. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

I think it's a personal preference. I have a custom paint job on my street glide. Some people think I paid "way too much" for it. But, truth be known, I love it. So, it really depends on what you want and how much you want it.

By the way, I paid $2750.00 for it. way too much ? Not for me. I love it

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Nice of you to lend a Helping hand... Would you have any Pics of some of the more involved paint jobs you have done? Would be Great to see some of your work..:)

6. kykool1975

kykool1975 Member

It usually starts at about 500.00 for a basic color and goes up from there. I have seen some over 3000.00. It all depends on your taste and how much you are willing to pay for the best. One word of advice make sure you are going to love it when its done!

7. Gezzer Glide

From the pictures of your bike it looks like a candy red, which is a pricey paint, with some graphic. The inner fairing was painted also. There is about 13different parts on a street glide. Most don't understand the work that goes into paint anything. Cleaning, preping, sanding, painting, sanding again and polishing just to name a few. Your price seems well within a good price range.
    And like you said you love it. It is something you are proud to ride. And yours is different than the next guys.

You can go to my web site at Custom Motorcycle Paint By:Brush Signs, Banners & Graphics By:Dave.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

9. bbeavers76

bbeavers76 Member

Nice work Gezzer!

10. Gezzer Glide

Thanks everyone....