free website stats program Paint Flaking off of starters on 09 Glides! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint Flaking off of starters on 09 Glides!

i just notice my starter doing the same thing i will bring it back this week
what did they charge you for the chrome starter ????? my 09 ultra has 4000 miles on it

Its not in yet, had to order it, but the price difference b/w the two is like $100 bucks. And you can see the difference b/w the blk wrinkle paint they fixed it with and the factory powder coat it comes with in the pic below. It doesn't look horrible, but it does kinda stand out and I was worried it would just happen again if I had them replace it with another black one.

here in aus, ive seen this on one bike, we did a warranty on it. no problems since
I worked in the automotive manufacturing buisness for 15 yrs with Chrysler and understand that sometime you may get just an flawed, isolated batch from the vendor or the regular operator that does this operation missed work that day. So did you guys replace the starter or paint it with the wrinkle paint?

I have that problem too along with the paint peeling and blistering from the frame just below the voltage regulator. MoCo told dealer to just touch up the frame but now I see that starter paint and I beginning to wonder about harley's QC

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that starter paint and I beginning to wonder about harley's QC

I've wondered about their QC for many years now and the way they say they tested the "NEW" TC motors for a million miles before releasing them but yet they have the problems that they have with most of the bike lines. Makes a person wonder just how much of this is hype and how much is truth.

Where did this million mile test come into play with the 07 six speed and all it's noises, I guess they just didn't hear all the noise coming out of the bike or something.

Back