free website stats program Paint finish | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint finish

chuck60

What is the best product that I can use to bring back the finish on this vivid black 09 road king I bought 2 weeks ago? It has a lot of swirl mark scratches and some dole looking area's. I tried compound turtle wax and it didn't work well.

Try the Turtle Wax Black Box! My 08 is vivid black and the black box keeps it shiny. IT's not permanent, of course, but for a couple of weeks she looks brand new. By the way, the Road King is a sweet ride, congrats!!

I suggest Meguiare"s products, I had a black corvette with the same issue and it worked great. I've used it for years, they make many diff. products from wax, polish, fine cut for small scratch's and tire care. You can find it at any parts store. Give it a Try it I think you'll like it.:bigsmiley12:

I forgot to mention that when I bought the bike I found a can of pledge in the saddle bad. What would the pledge be for?

Lemon pledge works awesome on the windshield. It clears up the windshield when it gets hazy. I happened to find an article on it online one day. My windshield was getting hazy(2003rk). I figured why not try it. Works awesome. And makes the bug goo come off that much easier.

I forgot to mention that when I bought the bike I found a can of pledge in the saddle bad. What would the pledge be for?

Pledge is great to keep it shining after you have gotten the marks out of it.
Use it on all of the painted areas and the chrome.

Back