free website stats program Paint color question | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint color question

Blueagave

Can anyone tell me if this is a factory limited edition color combination for 2005 Heritage Softail Classic. I know it it not a standard color for 2005.
Bought this bike from a dealer for my wife this weekend, Never gave a thought that it was not a factory paint job. I have seen teal and cream factory paint before.
Paint and decals look and feel excellent in everyway.
I have looked on the internet for hours with no luck finding anything like it.

Thanks for any information you may know.

Attachments

• Copy of 101_0412.JPG
    Copy of 101_0412.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 66
  • copy of 101_0419.JPG
    copy of 101_0419.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Copy of 101_0416.JPG
    Copy of 101_0416.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 57
I'm afraid I can be of NO help on the info as to whether it is factory or anything else, but THIS I CAN tell ya... that is a fine looking combo! It should have been a choice, if it wasn't!

Maybe a call to H-D Customer Service is in order? They were very helpful and patient with my questions!

Best of luck! Ride safe and ENJOY!

Welcome Blueagave to the HDTimeline forum. Near the top of the page are tabs to help you navigate the site, SELF HELP tab will lead you to specific area...SEARCH tab will help you find related threads by typing in keywords...that said, here is a link to the Paint Codes you are seeking...just write down your VIN # and interpret from it the paint color code...:D

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/14240-harley_paint_codes.html

Can anyone tell me if this is a factory limited edition color combination for 2005 Heritage Softail Classic. I know it it not a standard color for 2005.
Bought this bike from a dealer for my wife this weekend, Never gave a thought that it was not a factory paint job. I have seen teal and cream factory paint before.

Harley Paint Codes - Harley Davidson Community have you looked here?

OK, I have to go with the obvious.... Your wife is one lucky woman to receive such a wonderful bike! It is beautiful. I'm considering painting my Deluxe and this is a color combo that would certainly be in the running.

Sorry I'm not of help though.

Welcome Blueagave to the HDTimeline forum. Near the top of the page are tabs to help you navigate the site, SELF HELP tab will lead you to specific area...SEARCH tab will help you find related threads by typing in keywords...that said, here is a link to the Paint Codes you are seeking...just write down your VIN # and interpret from it the paint color code...:D

Thank you NEWHD74FAN
I have tried the vin decoder, it does not specify paint.
I am going to try MOCO customer service, Just to see if they can possibly tell me how it left the factory.

Like I said the paint is in excelent condition, I just was looking for future needs and curiosity.

OK, I have to go with the obvious.... Your wife is one lucky woman to receive such a wonderful bike! It is beautiful. I'm considering painting my Deluxe and this is a color combo that would certainly be in the running.

Sorry I'm not of help though.

Thank you Lucy , The wife loves it. when mama's happy everyone is happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure that when I asked a dealer about my bike, they could tell me the color it was when it left the factory. Good luck.

Just a follow up on this question.
I contacted HD customer service and they informed me that the bike was black when it left the factory.

Thanks for all of the help and comments.

Back