free website stats program painfull seat ! | Harley Davidson Forums

painfull seat !

ckelly999

Hey all,

I have a 2003 Wide Glide with an original stock seat; I live in Florida and just took a ride out to Key West on my bike. The trip was great, except for my seat- a little background, I fell on my tailbone when I was young, I was paralyzed for 2 days, and I still have some soreness when I have pressure on the area for an extended period of time. The tenderness on this particular ride started about 3 hours into the trip (it was about 5-1/2 total) and by the time I arrived I was hurting pretty bad.

I love the look of my bike, but I'd like to try and find a seat more suited to my needs; if the new seat looks similar to the original, all the better. Does anyone else have a similar experience here? My (edit ) and I thank you!!

CK

Attachments

• AFTER3.jpg
    AFTER3.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
Gary12850,

I have an 07 Wide Glide. I really like the look of that seat. Who makes it and what model is it?

My rear end and i do not care for the factory seat as well. I was looking at getting the Explorer from Mustang.

I have a 2007 Wide Glide. I had Mean City modify the stock seat. They did the double memory foam. Worked great. Cheaper than buying a new one about a third the cost. :newsmile062:

I have the same problem took a bad fall and injured my lower back (L4 & 5). Just had surgery yesterday, and I am up and around already. Doc says no riding for 6 weeks. But back to the problem at at hand. I purchased a Mustang seat with the backrest, then had it sent off and had them trim the seat and line it with medical gel pad. Cost me about 110 bucks to have it done, but well worth it. Did 350 miles the weekend I got it back and it was like a dream. I can't wait to try it with my new back. the cool thing about it was you coulld not even tell they did any work on it. Hope this helps you out.

You might look into the option to have your current seat redone using the memory foam as suggested above. Alternatively, you might look at the seats with the gel pack inserts.

Also, a lot of folks have indicated that the lower back supports make a big difference to their comfort on longer rides.

TQ

What type of seat are you looking for? smooth or pillow? You might want to look into a corbin with a back rest. I know they look funny but so do guys in cages wishing they were riding :D

I hear the gel gets hot in the sun and acts like a heating pad.....doesnt cool off for quite some time? Any truth to that? I have been looking into gel for a while.

who would be the best people to send your seat out to i dont know fo anyone by me who does them

Back