free website stats program Pager Encoding Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Pager Encoding Problem

Graeme

I picked up a new 09 FXST earlier this year and have been putting new bits on as you do.
A few weeks ago I purchased a Remote Pager 91660-06 for a bit of extra security but can’t get it to encode with the bike. I have followed the instructions to a tee with no luck and the HD dealers have no more idea than I do. Has anyone else hit this problem or is it just a dud pager?

I picked up a new 09 FXST earlier this year and have been putting new bits on as you do.
A few weeks ago I purchased a Remote Pager 91660-06 for a bit of extra security but can’t get it to encode with the bike. I have followed the instructions to a tee with no luck and the HD dealers have no more idea than I do. Has anyone else hit this problem or is it just a dud pager?

Graeme,
The remote pager only works with the Smart Siren II. I found this out the hard way after the HD parts guy sold me the smart Siren I and pager, took them home and installed the siren. Could not get the pager to marry to the bike. After reading and reading, I finally figured it out. Returned the I and got the II, installed it and it works fine! :s

Thanks 9FLHR,
As I was reading your comments it all became painfully obvious. I had overlooked the key words FM transmitter which forms part of the Smart Siren II. I also read everything I could find on the subject and this appears to be a fairly common oversight as the bikes standard security sends a signal for the wireless fob only. You can take some praise in knowing that you have just answered a question three separate HD workshops couldn’t. I thought I would have to start a course in advanced electronics to solve this. I hope I can return the favour sometime.

Thanks 9FLHR,
As I was reading your comments it all became painfully obvious. I had overlooked the key words FM transmitter which forms part of the Smart Siren II. I also read everything I could find on the subject and this appears to be a fairly common oversight as the bikes standard security sends a signal for the wireless fob only. You can take some praise in knowing that you have just answered a question three separate HD workshops couldn’t. I thought I would have to start a course in advanced electronics to solve this. I hope I can return the favour sometime.

Graeme.. Glad it worked out for you. It didn't take me long to figure out that everyone here is always more than willing to help out where they can. (unlike other fourms) I have gained a wealth of knowledge here and keep learning something new everyday just by reading the posts! :cheers

9FLHR,
I only joined yesterday and couldn't agree more.
I wish I had found this site earlier.
Thx Again.
:cheers

Back