free website stats program Pacific coast highway wow!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Pacific coast highway wow!!!!

ironmark

I did the PCH 3/16 to 3/22 & I cant say enough about it :worthy , it is biker heaven. The best way to explain it is AWESOME , it was the best ride I was ever on , more curves & breath taking views then you can believe :small3d006:. I started in Las Vegas NV & went across death valley then work my way to Morro Bay CA & then headed north for 2 1/2 days to Fort Bragg CA . I was heading up to see the redwood forest but my trip was cut short by weather so I headed back east to Yuba City CA & then went south trying to avoid the weather . I did beat the weather for 6 days out of 7 , I stayed Saturday night in Lake Isabella CA & woke up to rain , I took off in the rain & as I headed up Walker Pass the rain turned to snow & it was 28 degrees out , I wished I had a helmet cam as I passed the snow plow in a blizzard :newsmile033:, once I got over the pass & dropped in elevation I was out of the bad weather & just had high winds as I made my way back across Death Valley & back to Vegas , I did 1996 miles in 7 days. I am heading back as soon as I get a weather window in April & I going to make it to the redwoods this time :bigsmiley8:

we are 6 friends from norway ,thinking about taking the same trip in september,hope we are lucky with the weather

That's awesome. I was out there in '97 on my Sportster. Rode from Connecticut cross country to San Francisco and then down the coast on the right hand side all the way down to LA and across Death Valley back towards the east coast. I was riding south on the very edge and it was awesome! I will make it back some day...

I did the PCH 3/16 to 3/22 & I cant say enough about it :worthy , it is biker heaven. The best way to explain it is AWESOME , it was the best ride I was ever on , more curves & breath taking views then you can believe :small3d006:. I started in Las Vegas NV & went across death valley then work my way to Morro Bay CA & then headed north for 2 1/2 days to Fort Bragg CA . I was heading up to see the redwood forest but my trip was cut short by weather so I headed back east to Yuba City CA & then went south trying to avoid the weather . I did beat the weather for 6 days out of 7 , I stayed Saturday night in Lake Isabella CA & woke up to rain , I took off in the rain & as I headed up Walker Pass the rain turned to snow & it was 28 degrees out , I wished I had a helmet cam as I passed the snow plow in a blizzard :newsmile033:, once I got over the pass & dropped in elevation I was out of the bad weather & just had high winds as I made my way back across Death Valley & back to Vegas , I did 1996 miles in 7 days. I am heading back as soon as I get a weather window in April & I going to make it to the redwoods this time
http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_harley_davidson_topic/12320-pacific_coast_ride_need_info.html
:bigsmiley8:
PCH is a great ride and glad you got the goods from SoCal riders...and yes, good idea to bring "Dry Rider or Frogg Togs" for the wet daze. Try touring in the Spring, the Marin or San Francisco highlands...great vistas there and Muir Woods Redwood Forest is great...BTW, my brother in law from out of state also took advantage of Senior Discount Card by getting it online... *Yeah-Yeah* " -- who is the senior here?" -- but only one person per vehicle will gain FREE admission into ALL the great nations' National Parks on Federal lands. We paid our taxes all these years, so go ahead and ENJOY the benefits!

Making a similar run of my own in June. Jackson Hole to Bend Oregon, Crater Lake to Crescent City, South along 101 through the Redwoods and Humboldt Forest, Napa Valley and the Golden Gate Bridge, back via Reno, Tahoe, and America's Loneliest Highway. I can't wait !
Greg

PCH is a great ride and glad you got the goods from SoCal riders...and yes, good idea to bring "Dry Rider or Frogg Togs" for the wet daze. Try touring in the Spring, the Marin or San Francisco highlands...great vistas there and Muir Woods Redwood Forest is great...BTW, my brother in law from out of state also took advantage of Senior Discount Card by getting it online... *Yeah-Yeah* " -- who is the senior here?" -- but only one person per vehicle will gain FREE admission into ALL the great nations' National Parks on Federal lands. We paid our taxes all these years, so go ahead and ENJOY the benefits!

If you're referring to the Golden Passport, the lifetime pass to all Federal Parks and Monuments, it's ten bucks for life and everyone in (on) the vehicle gets in free. You have to be 63 to get it. My wife and I have used it in both the car and on the bike.
BTW, I've asked at a couple of parks about leaving the pass "on the windshield or hanging from the mirror" in terms of the bike. They don't expect you to just leave the pass laying on the seat or something. They told me that if I get a ticket, just bring it to the ranger station or mail it in with the pass's number written on the ticket. They do that all the time with bikes. We haven't had a problem yet.

Back