free website stats program Pa grand canyon | Harley Davidson Forums

Pa grand canyon

Eddy1

Has anyone been to the pa grand canyon & would you go again? Wife wants to ride there in the spring. Any info on road conditons & things to do would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Haven't been but this brought a smile to my face. Friend recommended I check out the Little River Canyon in northeastern Alabama since it's referred to as "The Grand Canyon of the East!" I wonder how many Grand Canyons there are in this country? How many states have one?

Hawaii has one,
Waiamea Canyon, Its about 3500 feet up a NICE twisty road and lots of wild chickens running around! Awsome view when you get to the top and very "preastoric" looking, think they had filmed Jerasick Park there.
We were one the island for a week on business and was waiting on parts for 2 days, we tryed to rent 2 bikes from Kaui Harley Davidson and they only had 1 left and I was not riding on the back with the boss, so we did the treck up the hill in the rental car.

I took a trip there last year, it is a nice ride with alot of scenery especially in the fall when the leaves are changing. I wouldn't ride 10 hours to see it but if you live close it's a nice trip. There is not alot of other things to do around there but the scenery and riding are nice.

The PA Grand Canyon, or Pine Creek Gorge, begins near Wellsboro and streaches 47miles south, with a maximum depth of 1450 ft. at Waterville near the southern end.
If you google search, PA Grand Canyon, it will give you probably more information than you ever wanted to know.
From a riders point of view, Rt. 6 that runs east-west across that area can be a nice ride. It is especially beautiful thru Tioga and Potter Counties
Don't know your direction of travel but, going west along Rt6, The ride from Galeton to Renovo down Rt 144 is a fun ride with plenty of twisties. Really, any of the main traveled roads in that area will give you more than enough riding that will test your skills, as well as enough beautiful scenery to keep you happy.
Rt 120 out of Renovo over to Driftwood is fun, then 555 takes you thru prime Elk country over to Weedville.
Do some online research as that is a primarely rural area and motel accomodations can be few and far between.

Last edited:
Live in ne ohio pick up rt 6 in pa to pa grand canyon. Thanx for info. Checked out pa grand canyon on google. Lots of info but not much from people thats been there. Thanx again.

Eddy, the western part of Rt6 is sort of boring, but the ride gets better the further east you go. That's some pretty country but, I really don't think there's a whole lot to do in that area other than ride and admire the scenery.
Zippo and Case Knife both have their homes in Bradford, but I don't know if the offer any tours or not.

That part of Pa is good riding. Rode there from Erie 2 yrs ago and ran down
Rt 44 to 144 to Rt 120 out of Renovo was a good ride and highly recommend

It is scenic in most areas. Nice riding but I know a few riders who got caught in a speed trap between Wellsboro and Galeton on Route 6. The speed limit is 55 MPH and it is enforced. Check out the Kinzua Damn and old bridge. Google it for more information and directions.

Back