free website stats program P0572-Brake Switch Low Code | Harley Davidson Forums

P0572-Brake Switch Low Code

chris777

2009 Ultra Classic

Just got the bike back from the dealer (clutch adjustment) and on the way home I got an engine light. After checking the codes I found:

P - P0572; PN-3293309 Brake Switch Low
t - C1095 Front Brake Switch Open
C1216 Rear Brake Switch Open
PN-32836-09

Does anyone know what is causing this? I checked the front brake fluid level and when the handlebars are centered it seems fine and the fluid is half-way up the sight glass.

Check to see if inadvertantly the connection to the actual pressure switch (one for front & the one for the rear) may have pulled loose at the switch. These are located in the Hydrolic fluid line... Trace from calipers back. (Two wire connection).

The front switch is in Right side hand control (unlikely problem), Also you might check Brake bulb itself... if its burned out it could lead to an "open" code...

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the connection and the bulb. All are fine. The light is intermittant and I cleared the codes and they came back.

I also just noticed my cruise control is not engaging. Don't know if they are related but I made an appointement with the dealer. It's still under warranty so I'll let them take a look at it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Any problem with the brake light circuit that lights the light or causes a draw that the cruise will interpret as a brake light lit will cancel the cruise control.

I would let the dealer figure it out being it's under warranty.

Back