free website stats program P0505 Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI | Harley Davidson Forums

P0505 Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI

GScott

I am posting this for my husband so I hope this is the right spot for it.

We have a 2007 Heritage FLSTC. Just did a 96 to 103 upgrade and put V&H fuel pack on. Ever since we have gotten code P0505.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? Speedometer works, we even took it back off an plugged everything in again just to make sure everything was ok. It is also has a high idle.

Any help/thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Shouldn't be normal in any case and yes they plug into the computer not only for diagnostic but to set it also. It has steps that have to be set electronically with the digital tech to maintain the proper idle speed(laptop type computer)

I see that you unplugged the fuel pack and plugged it back in, but did you try running it with out the fuel pack plugged in to see if that might be the cause?

So since this is not normal is there anything else I should look for before taking it to a dealer? Could a possible exhaust leak cause this? And why would doing an upgrade cause this?

Sorry for all the questions..

Could be a bad connection in the wiring harness from being apart or a faulty part. I would bring it to their attention and let them know it has been doing it since they worked on the bike.

I see that you unplugged the fuel pack and plugged it back in, but did you try running it with out the fuel pack plugged in to see if that might be the cause?

We unplugged the speedometer not the fuel pack, should we try that? Would it run ok without the fuel pack plugged in?

Back