free website stats program P0505 loss of idle control | Harley Davidson Forums

P0505 loss of idle control

ducman38

I have a 2005 Screamin eagle ultra with a 113 inch engine. I have a problem
that just started, P0505 code lossof idle control. my bike is idleing about 1500 to 1700 rpm's I checked the idle control motor and it is working. I can also see that while it idles the motor runs the needle end all the way down in the bore, like it is trying to slow it down. does anyone have any ideas.

I have a 2005 Screamin eagle ultra with a 113 inch engine. I have a problem
that just started, P0505 code lossof idle control. my bike is idleing about 1500 to 1700 rpm's I checked the idle control motor and it is working. I can also see that while it idles the motor runs the needle end all the way down in the bore, like it is trying to slow it down. does anyone have any ideas.

Ensure your IAC (Idle Air Control) plug is connected properly. See your service manual for location on your model. It should be above the air intake on your throttle body. It is a 4 connector waterproof plug.

I agree with rancid, Spray the intake area with wd40 if you see smoke at the exhaust you have a leak . Try and spray the intake gasket area that is usually the culprit

I used propane and then went to WD40 went all around intake area did not notice any change in rpm, what do i do next?

I found the problem tonight, the throttle bodie screw came loose that is normally factory sealed and backed out causing the high idle. Thanks everyone for the help.

Back