free website stats program p0134 and p0154 codes | Harley Davidson Forums

p0134 and p0154 codes

nicks_h-d

Why is my check engine light on? I have a 2005 road king with after market pipes and screaming eagle air breather. It also has a screaming eagle efi race tuner kit. I check the codes and it comes up p0134 and p0154 which is front and rear 02 sensor open/not responding. My bike doesn't have o2 sensors. Is there a way to not have these codes come up again? Is there a way to reprogram the ecm so its not looking for the o2 sensors?

Nick, Welcome to the forum.

1) Did your bike come from the Factory without o2 sensors. Was your model in 2005 an open loop management system.

2) Does your bike still have the Original ECM that came on it from the Factory.

3) Although I am pretty sure your ECM will accept only compatible maps for itself, did someone load or attempt to load a late model set of look up tables?

4) Will the codes re-appear if you clear them.

I'm pretty sure Road Kings didnt have o2 sensors on them until 2007. Not sure what open loop managemant is. I dont know if the original ecm is on it or a different one. How can I tell? The codes did reappear when I cleared them. I talked to a local harley dealer today and they said whoever dyno-tuned probably didnt get something right when they programmed it. He also said I can try to reprogram it with the basic tuning mode. What do you think? I guess I'm just a lil scared to try it. The dealer said it would be at least 4 hours labor on the dyno if they would look at it and the soonest they can get it in is a month from now.

The bike runs great. Doesn't miss a beat. Spark plugs look good. Not lean or rich. Just bugs me that the engine light is on.

We now know there were no o2 sensors on the bike when it was new. OK, knowing that it can only be a few things.

If you know how to navigate around the SEST, I would hook up the Dongle/laptop and go into advance mode. See if you can find the file name of the map that is loaded to your bike. Chances are only the file extension was changed and the core (base) file name is still intact. If you can locate the name of the file, come back and tell us what the file name is and I can look it up. Then we will know what is loaded to the bike and if that file requires o2 sensors for feedback.
Don't worry you can't change anything in the bike by accident. When you Want to re-flash the ECM, you will know your doing it.

It is possible someone loaded a set of maps that use o2 feedback. (maybe)

Running open loop, the bike should run Great but I would guess the gas mileage can't be all that good. Am I wrong? Question...There are ABSOLUTELY no piggy back controllers on this bike. Don't tell me in 2 days there is this black box you forgot to mention. :p

I take it you have not owned this bike since it was new.

I bought this bike the other week. I will hook up the laptop to it and try to find the file extension and file name later this week. I dont know what you mean by piggy back controllers. What are they?

The cal. id. I found that is programmed in it when I hooked up the lap top to the bike is 141NX001-000
Any ideas what file I need to try instead to get the light off?

141NX files look to be all 2006 closed loop files. The 141NX002 is absolutely a 2006 closed loop (o2 sensor) map. Your 141NX001 can't be too much different. You got me how the bike can be running so well. At least it explains why the 2 error codes come up.

You never answered my question about your gas mileage. Do you know what your mileage is? You may be like me and really don't know what my mileage is. :p

Its gettin around 40 mpg.
I was lookin thru the files and I think I might try 127HM005 or 127LF004. What do you think?
The 141NX001-000 file that is programmed in it isn't even in the list of files so I dont know how they got that one programmed in there.
Is it possible to put the old file back in if I dont like the others?

Back