free website stats program P0132/P0152 and mileage decrease | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

P0132/P0152 and mileage decrease

Well a rich / loss of milage can be caused by several things. I will tell you that I am not a fan of a swith box tune, sorry but its not even close. Not opinion but fact, and I can back it up. Now a 02 sensor can only see air not fuel. SO a ex leak can induce air into the system and trick the 02. But understand that the 02 sensor can only move so far it is a narrow band item.

Head temp sensor can create issues. But really this is such a simple deal.

Is the head temp and intake air sensor with normal range and within a range of each other vs out side temps. This takes a few minutes to look at.

Now I am again sorry to say but 49 miles per gallon is not doing your engine any good again FACT not opinion. I have a large box of new engine parts that are damaged and ruined long before they should have all due to a customer wanting scooter milage from a air cooled engine.

On a corretly tuned engine I have customers from AZ stating 42-46 MPG on the hwy. But hard to say how one person rides compared to the next. I run 85-90 on the free way, I get around 39 MPG. Last trip to bisbee I got about 45 mpg there on the way back bucking a head wind I got around 38. Really after 150-175 my rear end needs a rest. On one of my builds no way would I ever run the AFR into the 15.0 range so the customer can save a few pennys on fuel. Long term damage will occur. The HD shops are replacing engines on a regular basis all due to the EPA fuel maps. I have seen way too many cylinders last year that where cooked from the heat, burnt valves, galled guides, burnt seals, this is all due to a lean afr. Lean afr gives you good MPG, however the engine has to deal with the heat.

But even before that how do you know it is rich?? Has it really been put on a dyno and a calibrate wide band 02 sensor been attached within 8 inches of the ex valve? Jumping around from one item tothe next will give you a head ache. Have it properly tested.

Tell you what bring it up the hill I will check the codes etc, put it on the dyno and give you real readings. Free of charge, nothing to it.

as for the Huge milage numbers , we just got done tuning a 2011 RG custom with a 103. AFR readings front and back where anywhere from 15.5 to 16.8.

Before replacing parts have it correctly looked at , and do it in a logical method.

there we go from someone who builds engines and what a superb offer, i would take him up on - a free run a dyno with a pro to tell you exactly were your map is out - if its out at all

I think I will take some pictures of a few engines we just took apart on new bikes. The amount of wear on them is mind blowing, this type of thing was never seen on a regular basis until the bikes where being run so lean.

HDWRENCH, Thank your for your comments and generous offer.

I can ride up the hill any weekday in the next two or three weeks, except for Feb 14 as we'll be downtown for the 100th anniversary party for Arizona. Please pm me when it would be convenient for you and I'll be there.

Bill

Issues here are are all resolved. Thank you Hoople, Lucky 15, HDDon, Tank, and, yes, Glider, and others who provided input.

Harley the Harlot now has a Screaming Eagle air cleaner unit, the new, quieter, SE slipons, SERT, and a dyno tune. Max HP is now 78.8 and torque 90.05; not spectacular numbers but completely adequate for my riding. The air/fuel mixture is set right at 13.

I'll post the dyno run results when I can figure out how to convert a .tiff file to a postable format.

Back