free website stats program P 1511 code comes up | Harley Davidson Forums

P 1511 code comes up

ironmark

I have had P1511 code come up 2 times , one time @ start up & 2nd time when I pulled out on the road . The P 1511 code is a Throttle actuator control power management failure of throttle control actuator . Both times I had to clear the code 3 or 4 times & then the bike ran fine & the code did not return for a month or so . When this code comes up it will put the bike into limp home mode . Has anyone else had this problem & what would be the fix ? It seems to me that the throttle control actuator has some sort of electrical short in it or there is a bad electrical connection somewhere . Do I have to replace the Throttle Control Actuator or would it be a simple as cleaning the electrical connections ?

Hello Mark,
I had the same code come up 2 weeks ago on my '08 SG. One time on a side road and the other on the freeway. (240 miles between incidences) Both times the I had no throttle control. The code 2135 also came up with it. Took it to the dealer after the 2nd time and they found a pinched wire in the chrome switch housing cover. They put them on and it was a warranty repair. It's been 500+ miles and haven't had a problem.
Hope this helps and keep us in the loop for your remedy.

You pretty much answered your own questions here.

Check all the connections and wiring to the control, maybe check the cleanliness of the connections and the control itself for any buildup of crud.

I do not have any other codes with the P 1511 code . The amount of time & the mileage (around 3000 + miles ) in between the code coming up does not make sense to me . It would seem that if it was a pinched wire or a bad or dirty connection that the problem would happen more often & keep getting worst . I can check for pinched wires & bad connections but is there a chance that throttle control actuator itself could short out or that there is a computer problem ?

Back