free website stats program P-0118 code update | Harley Davidson Forums

P-0118 code update

mdnbiker

Took suspected bad regulator to shop for a replacement, as it turns out it was not bad and in testing you will get battery voltage on all three pins. The no voltage is for older type with diode. Tech said code is for hi engine temp and to check the sensor located behind the horn plugged into the front cylinder. Sensor was in the hole but not fully plugged in so that the snap lock is engaged. Problem solved, hope this helps others.
Great site
mdnbiker

Just looking through your past posts you made here on this issue and you mentioned the P0118 code and then went on talking about a friends stator and we got side tracked here and you found the regulator recall which deals with certain regulators.
The P0118 code is listed as this... P0118 ET Sensor Voltage Open/High EFI which is the engine temp sensor. How did we get so sidetracked here?:D

Lots of running around for nothing. That is in fact as you mentioned the sensor located in the front cylinder head.When that doesn't send the correct information to the ECM, there's going to be a host of problems showing up with the running of the bike.

wasn't a problem, I had the time, and chalk it up as a learning process. I uses to be pretty good on the older bikes but, know little about the newer ones, so it was good to get my feet wet.

Back