free website stats program Oversized Valve Seats. | Harley Davidson Forums

Oversized Valve Seats.

Yard Dogg

My dad has a 1959 panhead FLH 1200. He needs over sized valve seats. The machinist says they need to have an outside diameter of at least 2.016. Does anyone know where he can find these? He's checked Fog Hollow, and JPCycles, the largest size they offer is 1.990.

If all else fails would it be possible to adapt a Shovel head valve seat instead. I'm sure it could cause other problems, just want to know what your thoughts are on it.

we get our seats from ROWE,goodson also has a wide selection of seat sizes.if you cant find any,im sure we have them in stock.i`ll check tomorow when i get back in the shop

Thanks guys for your responses. Right after I posted this thread, my dad came by and said he scrolled down the page a little more and found the exhaust seats will work in the intake. They have the outside diameter he needs, the same inside diameter and height. The catalog he's looking at is a bit confusing. I wanted to post this yesterday but he wanted to leave it here to see the responses. I'm trying to get him to join this forum.

It would be great if those of you who sell parts for pans would hit up my friends list so if he does need something I can go to your website or give you a call. Right now he's looking for some replacement hydraulic lifters and push rods. It would be great to hear if there are cheaper places to buy from with american parts, he hates buying foreign replacements.

Also, he had the Super B carb, I've been told the Super E is better, but that's what he has, I've never saw inside the carb and was looking for a good tutorial for adjusting it. I saw the threads on the Super E carb couldn't find anything on this one.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I know why the Super E is better now. We had to take turns kicking that thing last year. Now with good compression it should be easier.

Hi if the heads are Stone Stock Heads and havent been refurbished and are still stock !

I would call Head Hog in Ohio Don @ 330-948-9938

He has a system he does to restore Knucks, Pans, and Shovels Heads The only thing is heonly works on Stock original heads that have not been rebuilt and cut into Call him!

He also does case repairs, Frame restos.... headhog.com Dont have a shop touch the heads if there stock! Talk to him 1st...59Pan

Back