free website stats program Overflow tube problem...gas keeps coming out | Harley Davidson Forums

Overflow tube problem...gas keeps coming out

Gittens_ome

Hi, all

First off this is my first post and this my first bike so I'm very new to this community. I got this 2001 Harley Sporster XL1200 from my old man. I've fixed her up to the best of my ability but I cant seem to get it to stop leaking gas from the overflow tube when ever its on. I wan't to clean the carb but need insructions to make sure I'm not going to mess up anything when I take out the bowl.

Would anybody have any basic instuctions on how to clean a carb and/or any other ideas on what else effects a overflow tube spitting out gas?

If anyone could upload a manual or send me one via email it would be highly appreciated.

Although small particles of dirt on the float needle can prevent the float needle from seating properly and shutting off the flow of fuel into the carb at the age your bike is it may be that rubber tip of the float needle has started to deteriorate often in the shape of a ridge or hollow on the seat area modern fuel is hard on these float needle tips
so replace the float needle and check the float height factory service manual will give you all the details you need

Brian

Back