free website stats program Over Spray on Paint | Harley Davidson Forums

Over Spray on Paint

Hello guys...I have done something stupid, I was spray painting outside the garage and the overspray got on my bike, all over tins and chrome. Does anyone know how to get this off without a new paint job? Thanks

There are other type of mineral sprits that will also work, but I am not a painter so can help. Iam sure some one with more knowledge will jump in shortly.

If its not real bad some times just a good wax will remove it, or polishing compound.

Wax could end up sealing it in. Try some bug & tar remover lightly or even WD-40. Try a small hidden spot first. Then wash bike real good with lots of soap and water and then wax. Oh yeah, and don't forget the Pledge :D

Hope you were not spraying 2 part catalyzed paint because then you would have a real problem.:)

If it was just rattle can spray bomb paint it should come off fairly because that paint air dries. Diluted purple cleaner you can get at AutoZone would work. The WD40, bug & tar remover, or mineral spirits as suggested would also work just fine.

A fine cutting compound would be my choice something like brasso or t cut but do not work it too hard or it will cut into the clear under the over spray

Brian

Can overspray certainly goes everywhere...just ask my wife who noticed all the primer specs on her backyard outdoor glider chair. I was in the doghouse for a few minutes, but nothing a good wash/scrub couldn't cure. If it's light - should come off pretty easy w/above suggestions.

My scoot got sprayed on vacation this year. while at "Thunder Beach" the condo we were staying in was being remodeled and painted outside. some over spray got on my bike and we didn't notice untill we got home and washed the bike. Man thought I was really messed up, but it all came off pretty easy. did a water wash to remove the road film then used the lemon pledge. it all came off, happy me. good luck to you and hope it come off as easy as mine.

Back