free website stats program over revved 1340 | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

over revved 1340

Hi FLST89,many thanks for your input.I already had the right side tank off and decided to look in around the wiring and found an orange wire snapped off from somewhere and after some deduction and removal of the remaining tank,found it was off one of the dash lights[wondered why they were so dim!!] After that i thought i've got nothing to lose by hitting the starter and wiggling the loom on the right side,when all of a sudden the bike started turning over!!!! all right , i thought,now all i have to do is find where in that 4 square inches or so,where there is a bad connection.Will let you guys know what i find and thanks again-much appreciated.

Eureka-finally found it! You are bang on the money flst89,i pulled the socket in the area that i wiggled and found the female receptacle on the adjoining other side had popped back into the plastic housing and wasn't touching the red wire that you talked about-wow we are all so relieved back here in wgton ,nz especially as i had promised my aunt a harley ride for her 80th birthday on sat 20th dec- i had to make other plans for her still to recieve the ride as a backup in case i couldnt get it sorted in time,so again many thanks, a great way to start the working week tomorrow,cheers.

Good job! Glad you stuck with it and didn`t get discouraged. Electrical problems on these older bikes are pretty straightforward, it just takes a little time to follow the circuit.

Good job! Glad you stuck with it and didn`t get discouraged. Electrical problems on these older bikes are pretty straightforward, it just takes a little time to follow the circuit.

Job well done by both of you!:cheers

It always feels better when the fix to the bike ends up being simple even though it takes a wee while to get there and you get to know a wee bit more about your bike

Brian

Back