Over inflat the tire 4 storage

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by purplehazeultra, Dec 15, 2010.

1. purplehazeultra

purplehazeultra Active Member

Any body over inflate their tires for storage???
    If so how much and is this a good trick to help from getting flat spots.
    I guess the best thing would be put it on the jack stand but I only have one and need it for working on other projects.:s

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I would not worry about flat spotting the tires or over inflate them, these newer compounds will take the harsh abuse un like older tires JMO

3. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

JMO here but over inflating a tire might cause a flat spot like a under inflated tire would. You would be putting less of the rubber on the ground/concrete by putting to much PSI in the tire. Also when it comes time to take the scoot out for a quick ride during a "warm day" this winter -- Ooops forgot I added more air to the tire's , was wondering why it rode funny!!?? :panic

ADDER ---- I put 2 pieces of thick rug under mine when parked.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I leave them at normal pressure but i will shuffle the bikes around during the winter as each will get a wee spell in the workshop as i go over them during the spell away from riding but there are always 2 in the back shed ready to go just in case they are needed

Brian

5. GARVIN

GARVIN Active Member

I put mine on 1/2 in plywood over the winter so the tires don`t sit on the cold cement , then I`ll put corragated cardboard under the bike as a moisture barrier.

6. Joe2007ultra

Joe2007ultra Active Member

Spray every piece of metal with wd 40 . You know you are going to wash it in the spring. Great barrier against rust and corrosion.

7. lallsdd966

lallsdd966 Member

The front end all the way off the ground is no good. So I'm told. There needs to be some pressure on the front end. I have mine partially lifted up on my craftsman jack.