outside cover

Discussion in 'Police Bikes' started by lorne, Jan 19, 2013.

1. lorne

lorne Senior Member

looked at the HD outside cover and just don't feel like they are worth $150. has anyone tried the cheap ones on ebay or have and other solution?

2. glazier

glazier Junior Member

I got one of those Chinese made ones off Ebay for about $25 three years ago. Still works fine. I don't have to have the $125 HD logo on it :D

3. lorne

lorne Senior Member

great thanks for the info

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I got a cover from W mart. It was cheap and not too bad quality. But it does trap condensation from a concrete floor.

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

lorne,

I bought a durashield cover. It works just fine has bungees to hold it down in a breeze and fits with the winshield on. I also used it to cover the ultra I rented last year also fit just fine. Has it's own storage bag and compresses faily small, I'll have it with me on the SS trip...unless I forget:D

oh yea, I think it was about $30

6. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

I'll have my Duraschield cover with me very happy with it. Compresses to almost nothing.

7. Kegger

Kegger Member

I missed a hd one on craigslist for 25.00 might try checking it out might get lucky.

8. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

9. lorne

lorne Senior Member

thanks for all the replies...is there a part number for the Durashield i need one for the RKP with the bags and windshield on..

10. lorne

lorne Senior Member

i have been looking at the Durasheild size chart and trying to figure out which one...it has all the sizes listed under the Road king...:small3d031: so i am a litle confused...again