free website stats program Outlook Express 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Outlook Express 6

cyborg

I`m running Windows XP and Outlook Express 6.
I need help In outlook express i`m having a problem with some e-mails that i can`t delete, and some even in my temp folder can`t be deleted. Anyone ever run acrossed this before?

I`m running Windows XP and Outlook Express 6.
I need help In outlook express i`m having a problem with some e-mails that i can`t delete, and some even in my temp folder can`t be deleted. Anyone ever run acrossed this before?

The first thing I would do is try compacting the emails. Goto options, maintenance, compact, or something like that.

Then try to delete them. Outlook gets confused when you have a whole bunch of stored emails (in any of the standard boxes ) . You can create user named boxes and move some to them and it helps. But it just doesn't do well with a huge amount of files period. You must delete them regularly (or save them to another area in the .eml format) and compact often.

You can delete them manually in safe mode with a file handler but this sometimes will corrupt your folder database that Outlook reads on boot.

I have the same problems periodically if I don't delete them regularly.

No problem Animal...the "Registry" is a fundamental reference list that your computer uses to sort software and location index, like a hotel registry controlling the room mailboxes...if an index gets "corrupted" the operating system cannot find the room # so no exchange can take place

Problem is computers are single path search machines, relying heavily on that "serial" path software and hardware design...interrupt either path or timing out of sequence and the computer hardware or software crashes to a halt. The technology improves regarding the number of programs running and overall work list in the registry, but the single path vulnerability remains.

Last edited:
Computer Language is a very interesting one... Many of those are used in our day-to-day life too..!! For ex: memory, files, functions, etc... Its just that we run ourselves, and computer is run by us... :p

Back