free website stats program Outer primary cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Outer primary cover

billb

I am looking for an outer primary cover (chrome) for my 2007 dyna super glide. I have found plenty of them to buy, but they all look the same as for both softail models and dynas and there is also several different part numbers, harley doesnt cover the part # any more because the want you to buy an entire engine kit that has all covers, does anyone have any info on this i would really appreciate it

billb; might be a good time to "bling" the bike with a personal cover. Can go w/the spendier ones at HD, or I know there are many aftermarket suppliers. Also, maybe one of our HDTimeline members has already swapped theirs for a custom & is willing to part w/theirs. Either way - good luck!

If it's just chrome you're looking for, check out this seller on ebay: rick9662
He will either do an exchange or chrome your present cover for around $140. Fast turnaround too.

I'd buy the whole kit,16327-06A The primary cover alone is almost the half the price of kit, ($349.00 vs $749.95 retail, less at Zanotti's). This is what I'm considering doing.

I bought the whole chrome kit from Hales HD in Ohio for $599. Go to the HD website and pick Hales HD as your "dealer" and they will give you their "online" price. I got the whole thing,.............. chrome package/installation for less than $900. Looks GREAT!

I bought the whole chrome kit from Hales HD in Ohio for $599. Go to the HD website and pick Hales HD as your "dealer" and they will give you their "online" price. I got the whole thing,.............. chrome package/installation for less than $900. Looks GREAT!

Thanks, HD.

Been wondering on the cost to install vs. doing it myself. From the manual it looks like I could do the changeout myself, but I've been known to mess up a project or two.

Thanks, HD.

Been wondering on the cost to install vs. doing it myself. From the manual it looks like I could do the changeout myself, but I've been known to mess up a project or two.

Yea, I was gonna do the install myself, but the price he gave me (winter time, I guess he needed the work) it was better to just let him do it.

Back