Outer fairng not lining up now

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by wannaride, Jan 17, 2011.

1. wannaride

wannaride Active Member

Installing my inner fairing & now my outer fairing won't line up. Any adjustments or am I just missing something? Seems like the radio is not in far enough but the 4 bolts on the radio line up & it's not the wiring. Anyone else run into this? TIA

Toby

2. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

check the plates on side of radio they may be on wrong sides they are slightly different or may be upside down, as mine where when I changed my inner fairing.

3. wannaride

wannaride Active Member

What plates? Mine is a 1999 & the radio bolts to the fairing bracket & the radio has the screw in nuts for the bolts & they have not been touched. I pulled the headlight out & left the radio loose & pushed in in farther & it still doesn't seem to fit flush. Gave it a rest & have not looked at it all week so maybe tomorrow when I go out & work on it, it will go together or I will see what I am doing wrong.

Toby

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Can't Get Fairing Cap Back On - Harley Davidson Community check out this thread it may help

5. wannaride

wannaride Active Member

Thanks Jack, but the fairing cap is on, it's the outer fairing I am having trouble with. Will look at it tomorrow, just don't feel like messing with it right now.

Toby

6. wannaride

wannaride Active Member

Got it. Not sure what happened, I had the bolts out of the radio & the headlight out & everything lined up. So I held the headlight in place & it was ok so I pulled the outer off & looked at the bolt holes for the radio & they lined up so I put the bolts in & bolted it together. That's done. Here are some pics of it finished, now I need a nice day to wash & wax the whole thing.

[​IMG]

Here is the helmet painted

[​IMG]

Toby

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011