outer fairing gasket

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by kemo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Is the foam seal between the outer fairing and the windshield necessary. Does the seal keep moisture from sweating into the gages.
    kemo

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

It's not a totally sealed area but the less sealing there is the more water,dust & dirt will get in I would think, why do you want to do away with the seal??

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

The seal has broken apart and was just wondering if it should be replaced.Thanks Chop.
    Kemo

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

STEVE07; do you have a recommended place to get this foam (HD, or HW store)? Mine's got a little wear on outer edges from trying to pack the w/s bags & shields so I thought it would be good to fix. Want to get a recommended product...thanks!

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Awesome, Thanks! Looks like they have on-line shopping so I can go that route b/c it seems they're the "Auto Zone" of Canada. Appreciate it.

6. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Steve, since you have wired a lot of bikes for the passing lamps to stay on with high beams, have you seen any problems with too much current draw night driving??? That has always been one of my concerns doing it for a customer, since the factory see's fit not to do it.

7. 2000classic

2000classic Active Member

I believe the factory does not wire it this way as I believe in most states it is illegal to have any other lites on when main lights are on high beam.:)

8. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Thanks classic, I never thought of that, but makes perfect sense.