free website stats program Our Harley-Davidson Experience | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Our Harley-Davidson Experience

wow...........nice to hear those histories...............and (EDIT)
......a 2000 miles ride???? that´s a 3200 km!!! here in Costa Rica we can not ride that much because WE DON´T HAVE ENOUGH COUNTRY to clear that distance!!!:(:(
I really understand that ¨two wheel therapy¨you mentioned.........when work gets hard, and my head is full of :newsmile055:..........there is nothing better to take my Bones for a ride...................everbody noticed that bike.........when ridin her is like a parade, people in San Jose (our capital) stops to see the bike!!!!..................`
it`s true there are many people that dislike HD, but the heart, the sound, the heritage that is intrinsic with them is amazing..........................and correct me if i´m wrong but i believe that feeeling is even better on a Cross Bones:newsmile011::newsmile011::newsmile011:..........just a great bike!!!!
(EDIT) .............RESPECT!!!
Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate. Had a Suzuki C50 that I thought was a pretty good ride. But, I really only used it as a commuter and didn't get why people liked to just ride on the weekends (I did enjoy being on the back of hubby's EG - but I figured that was because I could look at the scenery and listen to music).

Got my SG this year and what a difference! I have been on several 200+ mile rides on the weekend and now understand the riding just to ride. My commute (33 miles one way) is now a joy where the Suzi was more about saving gas.

Like you Sledboy I too came off of a Yammie Venture (mine was a 1999), 10 years riding that and the last 4 a Stratoliner also as my fun cruiser. Bought my HD last year end of July, sold both Yammies in Feb of this year. The HD is quite the experience! I share in your delight and passion for this wake-up riding call. Enjoy, ride safe, and welcome to the HD fever/sickness/cult. ;-)

Yep, we always thought the Venture was a close copy to the Harley. They tried really hard, but couldn't copy this thing! I hope to be flying through your area in the next two weeks en route to a family reunion in north central Ohio. I will wave on the way through on I-80.

I never stopped at Yamaha dealers all over the country and bought shirts, dip dots, and polker chips. Just not the same by a long shot.

Well said Sledboy! And lots of other great comments too.

I had to sell my Fatboy in 2006, and went without a bike for three years. In 2009, I finally just said "I need a bike, and any bike will do". Bought a cheap used Vstar 1100 in like new condition. Couldn't tell it from a Heritage Softail from 20 feet. But, I learned quickly, it may look like a Harley, but it will never be a Harley. I can't explain it, it just didn't "feel" right... sold it less than a year later and quickly bought another HD. Wifey talked me into the E Glide since she wanted to start riding along. Every ride I take makes me long even more the next one! :D

I have always had Hondas and Yamahas before my first Harley....and I will never go back....started with a Sporty, then and Electra standard, and now my Road King.....Harley Forever Forever Harley

Well, I just did 1536 miles in 50 hours and 21 minutes this past week. Had to run to Rapid City, SD and back to pick up my new to me American Legend trailer. Man, that bike was pushed hard, and it never faltered. I was averaging 78 mph while pulling the trailer. Gas mileage went down to 30.85 but I got home when I said I would!! I now have over 5000 on it-bought it April 9th! Thursday we leave for Ohio and another 1200-1300 pulling the trailer. I figure I may get to 7500 this year!! Best ever by far.

Well it has been awhile since my post on the 2004 Sporty...! Picked up a (new to me) 2004 Fatboy in January...it is my first Twinky and boy is the "B" engine with balancer shaft SMOOTH...I can see why six speed tranny was added...at idle the cowbell horn cover is still and vibration is hardly noticeable compared to the 2004 Sportster when side by side!

Back