free website stats program Our first Hurricane of year | Harley Davidson Forums

Our first Hurricane of year

R_W_B

Well we have our first hurricane of the year. Currently over Puerto Rico. Most models have it going up the east coast of Florida for now. Will have to wait and see more as it develops. Cat 1 strength now but as hot as it is, could easily strengthen once over the gulf stream.

Been through enough of these things to know that 'usually' unless you are within 25 miles of the eye, you won't experience full hurricane force winds. But can still get rough and a lot of rain and possible power outages for long periods.

Course I have seen them where they seem to spread out into long spider bands that can be quite rough for short periods. Anyhow it's really been relatively quite for Florida ever since 2004 when we had 3 hurricanes directly eye hit central Florida all within a 6 week period. That was a bad year.

You folks on the East Coast (Bodeen, PA, Hoople and Jack) you might want to have plenty of bottled water and batteries for flashlites.

Oh Boy! Put up the storm shutters and hope for the best. We had a tornado watch here yesterday and north of us got hit with uprooted trees and flooding.

2004 was a bad year Dave. I was down there when Francis hit. Watched the roof of the folks house break loose. I found a roof shingle in the trunk of my car with no apparent damage anywhere. A couple weeks later and Jeanne took the house down completely. You all be safe down there.

Last report I saw showed it going closer to SC/NC, If it goes up through SC I may get real busy, as I'm on a Disaster Responce Team for Mecklenburg County NC. There's still alot of time, let's pray it takes a hard right & goes out to sea...

2004 was a bad year Dave. I was down there when Francis hit. Watched the roof of the folks house break loose. I found a roof shingle in the trunk of my car with no apparent damage anywhere. A couple weeks later and Jeanne took the house down completely. You all be safe down there.

Yep remember Charlie, Francis and Jean. They all hit us within a 6 week window of time. That was a rough year. Hopefully this one will keep east. You never can tell bout um though. They thought Jean was falling apart out off the coast. But then she came back at us hard and went right up the state.

Not so fond memories of Erin, Opal, and the 'whoops where did that come from' Ivan...

Of course I'm in Tampa for the week!

I am going to ride right through the EYE, NOT, we always have plenty of water, candles and batteries on hand. Hope we all fair well this season. What is up with this Crazy weather?

Crazy it is Jack. Tank can attest to the dust storms in Arizona. My sister moved from Florida to Phoenix and now has to deal with these. here in Wisconsin we have had some bad tornadoes. Nothing like down south but still killer storms. Mother Nature is certainly making her presents known.

Back