Ouch!

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by gator508, Sep 22, 2010.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

(EDIT) in the garage, shelf came off the wall overnight and put a deep scratch in the front fender, boo. Going to remove fender and have it painted. Anything I should watch out for before removing and replacing it? Thanks!

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
  2. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

Yes. Move the shelf!

3. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

THATS FUNNY !!!

should be just a couple of bolts, you do not have any lights, so it should be easy.
    Just remember threadlocker and torque when putting it back on

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Actually just a part of any service...peripheral damage. Seems like the simplest things turn into projects, just start early and think about any other things you want to do while working there...lubing neck bearings etc. which invariably happens when you see your bike "--jus' sitting there...all alone" we feel your pain!:(

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Bummer, hate those "unexpected" AM findings - had a flat tire on truck one day, discovered when I walked into garage @ 6:30. Did the NASCAR spare tire swap & still made it on-time...;)

Not to worry, easy take-off & maybe time to go "bobber style" for a bit. Once fixed it'll be good as new.

6. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

I know exactly what you mean . I walked out in the garage one morning and saw white stuff all over the top of my vette . I looked at the ceiling and saw one of the double springs had snapped at the end and when it did it shot back scrapping the spray stuff on the dry wall , lucky it missed the vette but only by inches .

7. wildman9

wildman9 Active Member

Sounds like a winter project to me

8. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

My apologies to all for the infraction. I guess I was still fuming about it. That darn shelf had been there for years, what a thing to wake up to. The shelf has been moved!!!