free website stats program Ouch! | Harley Davidson Forums

Ouch!

Bait

I posted recently about my daughter getting her first bike. My son, Tim just completed the BRC at the local HD and received his bike license last Monday. Wednesday we rented a Sporty and spent the day riding. On our way home from the dealer after turning in the Sporty, he rode my wife's Street Bob home; we took it slow and stayed on the back roads. About half way home we hit a high hill; one of those sharp peaked ones that you can't see over and it had a left hand curve as you crested the hill that you couldn't see prior; I was in lead doing about 35MPH in a 50MPH zone and he was about 200 feet behind me. He took the hill and apparently the turn surprised him. He went wide, hit the gravel on the shoulder; paniced (new rider error) and went into the guard post (cable and pole type) and over the bars. Broken rib, 13 stitches and in the hospital under observation for possible internal bleeding. They are scoping him and hopefully he will be released today. He was wearing a helmet. Not that it really matters but the bike may be totaled; it is being evaluated by our Indy. Progressive has been really good so far. Mother is a wreck; she was following in a car; thankfully she didn't see it happen but rolled up on it. He and she are both EMTs. Nothing like looking in the mirror and watching your son take a spill... What was the other thread: Zen moments you won't forget?

LOTS of prayers and best wishes flying your way from here. I myself have eaten guard rail and definitely feel your sons pain. Best wishes and get him back on a bike as soon as he is able to, even if he never rides again you have to get that ride in. Its kinda like closer.

So sorry to hear that. :(

Hope he has a speedy and complete recovery - you and your wife, too (mentally.)

It's been said before but it certainly applies here. The bike is an object and can be repaired or replaced. Glad your son wasn't hurt worse.

I can somewhat relate. I watched my older brother take a spill after buying him a new bike and telling him he needs to start riding. I felt so guilty for what happened. He was in the hospital for a week and it took a few months before he was back to normal. But that did not stop him. Everything worked out and he got back on top to ride some more.

Hope everything works out and your Son gets back on the Iron Horse.

LOTS of prayers and best wishes flying your way from here. I myself have eaten guard rail and definitely feel your sons pain. Best wishes and get him back on a bike as soon as he is able to, even if he never rides again you have to get that ride in. Its kinda like closer.

He has a good attitude and is already talking about riding.

Thanks to everyone for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Back